December 2014 Moms
Options

my child will never have a name.

Is anyone else facing this struggle? We've spent hours going through every boy name in existence and every name falls flat for at least one of us. So now, I'm to the point of asking for non-family, unbiased help because everything is blurring together now.

We're down to:

(Mutual likes)
Maximus (Max)
Maximilian
Xavier

(My favs)
Elliott
Ezra

(His faves)
Felix
Carter

Do any of these stand out to any of you? Any god awful? They literally have all looked the same for days now, and with 18 weeks left I'm panicked I won't be able to settle on one. :(

TIA.

Re: my child will never have a name.

• Options
    Xavier, and elliott are both good ones in my point :)
  • Options
    Take the whole list to the hospital and decide after you meet him!

My DH and I pretty much hate every boy name either of us has ever thought of. This is our third boy and we didn't come to an agreement about our second son's name until about a week before I had my c-section. :-S
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Xavier. I am having the same trouble. We have a crazy long list and none are standing out.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    LOVE Ezra. It was high on our list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Eora3 said:

My DH and I pretty much hate every boy name either of us has ever thought of. This is our third boy and we didn't come to an agreement about our second son's name until about a week before I had my c-section. :-S

Oh man. Well good luck to you guys too! And I'm feeling like he won't have a name until the day he's born. Hopefully we decide sooner though.
  • Options

LOVE Ezra. It was high on our list.

My favorite. Hubby thinks it sounds feminine though. :(
  • Options

I like Xavier. I am having the same trouble. We have a crazy long list and none are standing out.

Xavier was the original name we decided we liked several years ago. Maybe it's just lost some luster with time? Or with the excitement of other possibilities? Maybe we'll end up going back to it eventually.
  • Options
    Maximus was at the top of our list! I like that name a lot :)
  • Options
    Love Ezra and Elliot ! Not a fan of Felix... Reminds me of the cat.
  • Options
    I love Max in any form. Was at the top of our list if this LO had turned out to be a boy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby girl due 12-13-14!

D14 October siggy challenge
                        DD two years ago, my adorable little pirate

• Options

Eora3 said:

Oh man. Well good luck to you guys too! And I'm feeling like he won't have a name until the day he's born. Hopefully we decide sooner though.
    It's ok to not name him before birth. I've never understood why people get so upset about that. I personally think it's weird to name a person you've never met before. Not that newborns have a shining personality right away :)
    My daughter wasn't named until her second day of life and we've all survived (granted our nurses were asking us every time they walked in if she had a name yet)

I do love Ezra.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    Absolutely love Xavier. That's the name my fiancé and I chose for LO. But we had the same trouble with names anything I liked he didn't and anything he like I didn't. It was fustrating not having a name. Or rather we had one, just for the opposite sex. Maybe it's the over controlling OCD in me but not having a name was so stressful. Felt like I was unprepared and disorganized without a name. I like Felix Ezra, super cute and different :)
  • Options
    I like Max a lot, but prefer Maxwell. I reallly like Elliott and agree with someone above who said that Elliott Carter would be a great name!
  • Options
    Ezra or Carter

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    DH and I can't decide on a boy name either! He hasn't come up with any while the three I like he hates! We should just name our LO Who Who Cannot Be Named lol
  • Options
    I like Elliot
  • Options
    I like Elliot, Carter, and Maximus.
  • Options
    Same scenario. We haven't even had a real convo about it yet. We have very different styles!
    I'm sure eventually we will blend lists and take some choices to the hospital with us. Same as DD, he will be named after we see him.

• Options
    I like Elliot, Carter, and Maximus.
    Me too.  You still have plenty of time OP.  Like PP's said, your baby doesn't have to have a name before they are born.  It's perfectly fine to wait.  In fact, I like seeing the baby before I fully commit to a name.  If I were you, I'd probably table the names for now and come back to the discussion in a few weeks or so.  
  • Options
    DS's name is Maximus so I'm partial, we get compliments on it being a totally bad ass name all the time too. Good luck. Boys are super hard to name.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I like Ezra but feel its very trendy right now. Xavier and Maximillion are NMS but I wouldn't say they are bad names. I like just Max it seems to be a mutual like.

• Options
    Great names!  My personal favourites are Max (either form), Elliot or Carter.
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thats funny you said the name you favored lost it's luster.  Our first son we struggled between Nathan and Braden... and went with Braden.   So for our second we just thought if it was a boy he would be Nathan because that is the 2nd name we like.  Well... not the case I guess after holding onto it for 3 years it just lost it's luster to us and now we just can't seem to take to it! 

We've been through 20 lists and nothing is really popping out, my husband seems to not really love any of them.  The only one that he's really liked and stuck with is Connor.  I'm trying to work in Logan but he has a semi-good friend that he plays softball with on Fridays and his son's name is Logan.  : /

Married to DH 6/26/11

DS born 10/31/11

BFP 9/22/13 - MC 10/23/13, D&C 10/25/13

BFP 4/24/14 - EDD 12/28/14 - 1st u/s 5/9/14

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    So far our son will be nameless also. We knew Leo's name from day one so I'm starting to stress now. Whatever he likes I don't and whatever I like he doesn't. Leo thinks his brother's name should be brother and at this rate that's the winner. I like Elliott and Felix from your list.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    We finally decided on a girl name, and found out it's a boy :) We have no names whatsoever so you're way ahead of us! I like Carter best out of those.
  • Options
    Our's either. I keep calling him "the boy", which is horrible. We didn't decide with dd until in the hospital when she was born. Unfortunately this little guy will probably be the same.
  • Options
    MINE EITHER. X(
  • Options
    My faves, the mutual likes and your likes. A friend of mine named her son Maximilian. I like it, but I tend to favor "old fashioned" names, especially those in ancient or classical literature.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Thank you so much everyone for the suggestions! I think we are leaning towards Maximus. All grandparents love it too, which doesn't hurt. :)
  • Options
    I love your entire name list, but I'm especially partial to Elliot.  You could try referring to the baby by some of the different names and see if any feel "right."  We did that for a while until we settled on our definite girl name.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My little girl isn't even close to having a name! I vote for Max! It is adorable.
  • Options
    I really like Ezra Carter and Xavier Carter not really feeling either maxs NMS I suppose
  • Options
    Max and Xavier are great!

Xavier was my grandfather's middle name: Francis Xavier... But he always used Frank X. Lol
  • Options
    I like Maximus. I feel like I can think of more boy names that I like but we are having a girl! I've been all over the internet searching for girls names & haven't found anything I love yet. I'm starting to watch credits from movies or tv shows to see if anything pops out @ me! Ha! Hubby doesn't seem to worried about it yet. I'm with some of the other gals as hopefully eventually we will have a couple of names picked out & decide on one when we see her.
  • Options
    Love all those names (esp. Elliot). I also struggled with boy names but we have narrowed it down to three (first and middle) and we decided that we won't officially pick out the name until after he is born. Although I am strongly leaning toward Matthew Robert. I just want to make sure he looks like a Matthew lol! I wouldnt worry sick over it. You will settle on one :-)
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"