Toddlers: 24 Months+

Separation Anxiety Resurgence at 3...huh?!? Advice please!

Hi Ladies,

My daughter is dealing with another bout of separation anxiety and it's pretty bad right now.  She cried and was nearly inconsolable when I tried to go to the bathroom at Panera the other day and she waited with her babysitter at the table.  Leaving her for work in the morning is rough, and I'm getting more and more concerned about dropping her off at preschool (which begins in 2 weeks).  She doesn't react this way when Daddy leaves, though that is probably because she is also going through a phase where she doesn't want him to do anything for her...she only wants Mommy right now.  

Does anyone have any tips for how to ease the transition when preschool begins?

Re: Separation Anxiety Resurgence at 3...huh?!? Advice please!

• I am dealing with this in my 2.5 year old. I can't even go to the bathroom at home!!

I am excited to hear the advice they give you
  • My son is the same way so when I drop him off I say , mommy will be back have a fun day and I leave, I don't drag it out I don't linger in his class and I go on my ways they are usually acting this this way for attention and after five minutes calm down and go about their day... At least my son does, good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • morganlmw Ugh...it's not quite that bad for me when I'm in the house, though I remember the days when it was just like that!  If I'm within eyesight or earshot of my daughter, she won't let DH do anything!  If he tries to brush her teeth, she says she wants Mommy to do it, if he tries to pick up something she dropped off the dinner table, she won't let him...it's frustrating to say the least!  He's trying to take her out to do special things that only he and she do in hopes that this favoritism thing will pass soon!  That's a complete aside from the separation anxiety problem though :-/

• My DH lost his job days after she was born. He's always been the primary care giver.i work full time and she splits time between daddy and grandma. This is nothing new...but lately her attachment issues ate exhausting me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"