Nurseries and Baby Gear

Registry help... Babies r us vs. buy buy baby??

Definitely registering at target, but trying to decide between buy buy baby and babies r us for the second one.
Anyone have any insight, or have a better experience either place? Prices different? Thanks! :)

Re: Registry help... Babies r us vs. buy buy baby??

• Personally, I think BBB has more to select from than BRU. I personally wouldn't register with Target but that is because our local Target is harsh with returns and most people forget to get or give a gift receipt.
  • First time around I did BBB because I thought you were supposed to have just one registry.

This time (I am doing it for the completion coupons, so I can get any replacement stuff cheaper) I did both of them. And Target too haha.

BBB is great for stroller shopping (tons of strollers on display in store) and their departments are organized in a way that makes more sense. But BRU seems to have more stores/more convenient locations.

Why not do both?
  • Loading the player...
  • I did target (we have half dozen in my area) and BBB. I preferred target over BBB because I did online registering and target allowed me to select items that were in store and available for instore pick up. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to search instore only items, without looking at individual items. I do like the huge selection of BBB though and target is my all time favorite store.
  • BBB is the better option.  BRU coupons suck with so many exclusions and their return policy isn't as great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Hands down BBB over BRU. BRU is a dump compared to BBB. Returns are no-questions-asked at BBB and with a newborn, who wants to be hunting for receipts?

I would skip Target. Selection isn't that great and return policy also sucks. Why bother.

I registered on Amazon.com and I did actually register through BRU, but did it online. My reason was that online registering was so convenient.  Online reviews can be helpful.  I just went to the store to check out a few items, and adjusted accordingly. I chose BRU over BBB because it is a more widespread brick and mortar store and I figured those who preferred shopping in-store versus online would appreciate the ease of having a location close by. But the majority of my items were on Amazon.  I did NOT register for duplicates (really, who wants to manage ALLLLL those returns?).  I had a GREAT experience with Amazon.  I personally did most of my in-store shopping at BBB (but I recall getting 99% of what I needed through gifts - friends and family rock!

• Personally, I prefer shopping at Buy Buy Baby over Babies R Us. I actually found that several of the specific products that my husband and I really wanted to register for are not available at BRU but are sold at BBB. 

With that said, we decided to register at both BRU and BBB. Not only do you get free goodie bags for registering at both stores, but my family lives in a rural area where there happens to be a BRU and not a BBB. They are not big online shoppers and we knew they would buy stuff at BRU anyways, so why not get what we actually need and want? :) 

If that's not an issue for you and you only want to register at one additional store, I would personally choose BBB. I think the regular, non-sale prices are pretty comparable, although BBB sends out more coupons and also honors those from Bed Bath & Beyond.
  • BBB is the better option.  BRU coupons suck with so many exclusions and their return policy isn't as great.

This. I registered at BBB & Walmart with DS1. I would have done Target but their returns policy isn't the greatest. Also both do price matching (on exact items), so you always get a better deal.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I registered at both BBB and BRU, but the majority of the items were at BBB. I only registered at BRU for the few things BBB didn't carry. I agree with several others that BBB is better than BRU. In addition to the coupon exclusions and some items being higher priced, the BRU by me is also very understaffed, messy and is often out of items. The staff at BBB have always been very helpful and knowledgable about the products. I did find both stores very easy to register for items both in-store and online. I also registered at Target and Amazon for a few things, but I didn't tell anyone about those. I just used them to buy a few things myself with the registry coupons. Registering at Target did seem to get me on a mailing list for all of their baby coupon books that they send out sometimes so that was a plus.
  • I love BBB. My LO is over a year old and I still shop there. In my location, the store is cleaner and has a better selection of products than BRU. I had a registry with BBB, and they were great to work with.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• I agree with all of the PP. I personally am just beginning to look at baby products considering I am only 6 weeks, but I have had friends who registered at BRU and BBB and I have always thought BBB takes the lead on selection and variety. Our BRU and BBB in our area are both fairly new, but you can totally tell a difference. BBB is stocked from floor to ceiling with options whereas BRU has minimal selection. BRU also tends to be the slightest bit more expensive (based off of my experience purchasing registry gifts). 

I also love that you can get the 20% off coupon for BBB (like bed bath and beyond does). 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I did BRU and amazon. The closest BBB to me is over an hour away and while convenient to some friends smd family I couldn't see taking the time to make any potential returns.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Bbb because they have an unlimited time return policy. We returned a humidifier after 3 years, without receipt and got a full refund, no questions asked. I think with baby stuff, you never know what will work, so a good return policy is a must. I avoid bru like the plague...I've only been there twice during my 4 years of parenting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would avoid target. A lot of the stores don't have a huge baby section which makes people have to order online and a lot of people don't like to do that.

I registered at both BBB and BRU. I did some of my bigger ticket items at BBB because people could use better coupons there. However, they did change the coupons and some of the lines we bought no longer accept coupons. 

I found that BBB could be a little more expensive than BRU. I also found that each store had the same items but they would be different. Like the pack and plays would have different features. 

Before registering at BBB I would also make sure that there is one within close driving range to your guests. There is only one in my area and I had guest coming from upstate and they wouldn't have driven there. BRU has more locations. I would also make sure to register in the store vs online. I had a girlfriend that registered online and most of her items were not available in the store. 
  • I did BRU and amazon. The closest BBB to me is over an hour away and while convenient to some friends smd family I couldn't see taking the time to make any potential returns.
    Amazon is great but prices change all the time! We bought a BOB stroller for a girlfriend and the price kept changing! So annoying. 
  • jtmomma13 said:

I did BRU and amazon. The closest BBB to me is over an hour away and while convenient to some friends smd family I couldn't see taking the time to make any potential returns.

Amazon is great but prices change all the time! We bought a BOB stroller for a girlfriend and the price kept changing! So annoying. 

You can get much lower prices at Amazon though. My in laws just bought our strolled system from there that we originally had on BRU registry. It was nearly $100 cheaper than the store! Plus I like the variety of items you can put in there that a store may not have .
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jtmomma13 said:
    I did BRU and amazon. The closest BBB to me is over an hour away and while convenient to some friends smd family I couldn't see taking the time to make any potential returns.
    Hopefully you know about www.camelcamelcamel.com? It is an amazon price tracker.  You can set your desired price using the history to see what is reasonable and then sign up for alerts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"