Babies on the Brain

Rant: Trying not to be a B

Re: Rant: Trying not to be a B

• asws1208 said:
    SNLT1012 said:
    asws1208 said:
    No they should not and they should not have clean water or air condition or toilet paper either.
    I hope this is a joke.  This is fucking sick.  People on government assistance shouldn't have clean water?  What the actual fuck?!  So then the people who already can't afford decent healthcare can overuse emergency rooms, because that's the only place they can go to get care, because they are drinking, bathing, and cooking with dirty water and get God knows what diseases?  Guess who pays for the medical bills for people who don't have their own health care through an employer or individual plan?
    YOU ARE FREAKING CRAZY it was a joke because everything I have said has been taken WAY off the tracks and into a whole different world.
    LOL I am crazy?  Why would I be crazy for not knowing whether or not something you said was a joke or not when you have spouting off a bunch of hateful bullshit for pages now?  
  • Unless a person is raped they willfully have had sex with someone when they get pregnant. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My point is that why should the government have to help people pay for children they had at their own will. And I am sorry for your brother but believe me "shit like this" was absolutely not directed towards people who are in horrible situations that are due to an illness.
  •  

asws1208 said:
    Kimbus22 said:
    amy052006 said:
    You know who shouldn't have babies? Dipshit 22 year olds who have no clue how the world operates.
    You are wise.

This whole thread makes me want to punch twat waffles.

My brother has a debilitating, painful disease.  It's incurable and he'll die young.  It took a year, 3 attempts and 850 pages of medical documentation to get him disability, which barely covers the rent on a shithole apartment.  Know how much he gets in food stamps per month?  $50.  Know what part of the treatment is for his disease?  Eating only gluten free and whole foods.  Know how long $50 will feed you on that kind of diet?  About 3 days, not 30.  And that's if you don't eat a lot.

He's saving up money to go to a comedy show next month because it's his girlfriend's birthday and they haven't gone out to do anything fun like that in years.  Is he allowed to do that? Apparently not because my taxes last year kicked in a nickle or two to feed him.  Or is is okay for him to splurge once because when his GF got pregnant with twins WHILE on her free contraception, they chose not to continue the pregnancy because they didn't feel capable of caring for the children properly.  He lives with that loss daily.  So because he's not using your money to pay for those babies, is it okay for him to have one night out a year?

Oh wait, he has an illness.  So he's okay to take your money.  It's my mom who shouldn't have had it when she got unexpectedly pregnant at 19 with no job or education.  Obviously she didn't deserve her WIC because she was a good for nothing slut.  Too bad they didn't just let me starve to death.

I love the whole idea that people are making big bucks off our tax dollars.  I've met loads of people in my life on assistance.  Most are ashamed.  I've met exactly one who was all "woohoo free money".  I don't mind supporting a few of those if it means babies aren't starving to death. 

God the stupidity here is astounding.
    Again, there are exceptions. I never said a word about people who were honestly disabled or ill not deserving the assistance in fact I said that those are the very people that do deserve it. And I never used the word slut so that is you putting that out there. 
    You implied it.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Kimbus22 said:
    Kimbus22 said:
    amy052006 said:
    You know who shouldn't have babies? Dipshit 22 year olds who have no clue how the world operates.
    You are wise.

This whole thread makes me want to punch twat waffles.

My brother has a debilitating, painful disease.  It's incurable and he'll die young.  It took a year, 3 attempts and 850 pages of medical documentation to get him disability, which barely covers the rent on a shithole apartment.  Know how much he gets in food stamps per month?  $50.  Know what part of the treatment is for his disease?  Eating only gluten free and whole foods.  Know how long $50 will feed you on that kind of diet?  About 3 days, not 30.  And that's if you don't eat a lot.

He's saving up money to go to a comedy show next month because it's his girlfriend's birthday and they haven't gone out to do anything fun like that in years.  Is he allowed to do that? Apparently not because my taxes last year kicked in a nickle or two to feed him.  Or is is okay for him to splurge once because when his GF got pregnant with twins WHILE on her free contraception, they chose not to continue the pregnancy because they didn't feel capable of caring for the children properly.  He lives with that loss daily.  So because he's not using your money to pay for those babies, is it okay for him to have one night out a year?

Oh wait, he has an illness.  So he's okay to take your money.  It's my mom who shouldn't have had it when she got unexpectedly pregnant at 19 with no job or education.  Obviously she didn't deserve her WIC because she was a good for nothing slut.  Too bad they didn't just let me starve to death.

I love the whole idea that people are making big bucks off our tax dollars.  I've met loads of people in my life on assistance.  Most are ashamed.  I've met exactly one who was all "woohoo free money".  I don't mind supporting a few of those if it means babies aren't starving to death. 

God the stupidity here is astounding.
    I am so sorry for your brother. What state is he in? I have a database at my fingertips of resources and programs that people that are not in the field likely do not know about.
    Thank you.  I'm sorry for him too.  He's a sweet guy in a horrible situation who is beyond embarrassed that he's not physically capable of holding down a job and supporting himself.  He's in NY.  If you have any suggestions, I'd love them.  He's currently having issues because his medications have destroyed his teeth.  He needs $10,000 worth of dental work to fix his mouth and relieve the pain (not even the cosmetic stuff) but Medicaid will only pay to pull the teeth.  Which would leave him literally, half toothless.  That's why reading shit like this pisses me off so much.  Yeah.  He's sure doing this to fuck the people who pay taxes. 

I am a Medicaid Service coordinator that happens to live and work in NY. Medicaid and dental work is a confusing thing. Couple of questions, if you are okay answering them. What region of the state is he in? Does he have straight medicaid or Medicaid with an attached health plan? Does he have a medical spenddown that he must meet before his insurance kicks in?

I am running to a meeting right now, but answer here or pm me and I will look into things when I get back :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The problem is dumb ass people continue to have children when they can't afford it. If people knew they wouldn't have help they probably would be a little more careful to NOT have a child. I don't want children to starve, or anyone for that matter. I just think the country needs to work on having people be more accountable for their actions. Sex is not necessary in our lives if you can't afford a child don't have sex. If you can't buy groceries, don't buy beer and cigarettes. For the millionth time, there are exceptions and I know a lot of people need the help but some people don't and I don't feel bad for them.
  • asws1208 said:
    My point is that why should the government have to help people pay for children they had at their own will. And I am sorry for your brother but believe me "shit like this" was absolutely not directed towards people who are in horrible situations that are due to an illness.
    Because the children did not ask to be born.  They are innocents.  Why can't you see that?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• asws1208 said:
    The problem is dumb ass people continue to have children when they can't afford it. If people knew they wouldn't have help they probably would be a little more careful to NOT have a child. I don't want children to starve, or anyone for that matter. I just think the country needs to work on having people be more accountable for their actions. Sex is not necessary in our lives if you can't afford a child don't have sex. If you can't buy groceries, don't buy beer and cigarettes. For the millionth time, there are exceptions and I know a lot of people need the help but some people don't and I don't feel bad for them.

Again.

HOW is this the fault of the child?  Why do you want the child to be punished, regardless if you think the mother is a horrible person or not? 

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• asws1208 said:
    My point is that why should the government have to help people pay for children they had at their own will. And I am sorry for your brother but believe me "shit like this" was absolutely not directed towards people who are in horrible situations that are due to an illness.
    Because the children did not ask to be born.  They are innocents.  Why can't you see that?
    I DO KNOW THAT but like I said if the system was set up better and people were afraid of NOT being taken care of they would be a hell of a lot more careful to not get themselves in situations with children they cannot afford or take care of.
  • It is probably the person who let all of the poor people have internet the past two days.
  • Kimbus22 said:
    asws1208 said:
    It is probably the person who let all of the poor people have internet the past two days.
    Yep.  No public places have free Wifi.  No poor people should have computers.  Even though they are pretty much essential for job hunting and job skills.
    Again. A joke. Just like the no water or a/c or toilet paper comment.
  • smg2302smg2302 member
    edited August 2014
    I see people in this thread who don't understand how to have an intelligent debate based on facts.  Ipso facto all people in the world who engage in debates don't know how to do this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lets go ahead and say that we will agree to disagree and I will raise my child and feed him food that we bought in a home that we pay for and let's just hope that the people who do abuse the system will one day will wake up and take personal responsibility for their actions and take care of themselves rather than relying on someone else to. 
  • Again. When people truly need the system that is what it is there for. If someone gets sick or looses their job that is what it is there for. It is not for people who continue to have children when they can't afford it or are content with the job they work. My husband works with multiple people who refuse to take licensing tests because they don't want the responsibility that comes with those licenses and jobs... So they stay lower on the totem pole and make less money... many of them on assistance. - why should my tax dollars go to pay their housing because they are lazy and don't want to further their career? 
  • Kimbus22 said:
    Not all people are capable of passing licensing exams. Maybe they don't want to admit that so they say they're not interested. Or maybe they don't have the time and money it takes to study for and maintain licenses. Or can't afford childcare for the extra hours a more demanding job would require.

But no.  They're all just lazy assholes who get off on taking that $5 a year out of your pocket.
    Absolutely not. They are just lazy and have admitted they don't want it because it means more hours. What fairy tale land do y'all live in that everyone means well and does their best all the time? Because that is not reality.
  • asws1208asws1208 member
    edited August 2014

Again. When people truly need the system that is what it is there for. If someone gets sick or looses their job that is what it is there for. It is not for people who continue to have children when they can't afford it or are content with the job they work. My husband works with multiple people who refuse to take licensing tests because they don't want the responsibility that comes with those licenses and jobs... So they stay lower on the totem pole and make less money... many of them on assistance. - why should my tax dollars go to pay their housing because they are lazy and don't want to further their career? 
    Not everyone can be a doctor or lawyer or CEO or mechanical engineer.

I chose a career path where it is unlikely I will ever reach a position beyond mid-level management. Does it make me lazy? Maybe, but I don't want to work 60-70 hours a week when I can work 35 for almost the same pay and less responsibility. Guess if I ever needed it I shouldn't get public assistance either.
    If you choose that and then it doesnt pay your bills then no - you do not deserve assitance. If your child or spouse God forbid came down with an awful illness, yes. If you lost your job and needed temporary help, yes. But just because you can't make ends meet w/ the career you have chosen? no.
  • EllyD14 said:
    asws1208 said:
    Unless a person is raped they willfully have had sex with someone when they get pregnant. 
    I really wanted to just ignore this statement because talking about rape makes me very upset, but clearly you don't care. 

So how do you know if someone was raped or not? How do you know that a person wasn't doing their best to avoid another child but got raped and now there they are with more kids having you judge them for trying to do what they can.
    Uhhhhhh never said I was judging anyone who was raped. I am just saying people who consent to sex and wind up with a child is not the governments responsibility. I never said I knew if someone was raped or not.
  • Darbie914 said:
    @asws1208 I'm pretty sure I know how you'll answer but I have a question for you:

The very first time you had sex, were you in the position to take care of a child if by chance you got pregnant?
    Yes, It was with my husband and we were married. I am extremely old fashioned with extremely conservative views. Thank you.
  • MrsMuq said:
    asws1208 said:
    Darbie914 said:
    @asws1208 I'm pretty sure I know how you'll answer but I have a question for you:

The very first time you had sex, were you in the position to take care of a child if by chance you got pregnant?
    Yes, It was with my husband and we were married. I am extremely old fashioned with extremely conservative views. Thank you.
    But did you have the finanicial stability to take care of a child it you got KTFU? (Not that I would beleve any answer you gave because it would only be self serving to your narrow-minded worldview, but whatevs....)
    Considering we had both graduated college, had our stable careers, and owned our home. Yes.
  • Absolutely. It was only a year later that we were pregnant and not that much changed between then. Any more smart ass questions?
  • MandJS said:
    asws1208 said:
    Darbie914 said:

That is the least surprising thing you've said in 11 pages. You still don't get to judge others. 

And since you LOVE the anectodal evidence... I have several friends who got KU while on BCP (or actually, one who had undergone a tubal ligation). How do you know all these people TRIED to get KU? Birth control is not fail proof. And I'd wager a bet I know your stance on abortion. So, then what? All the people just suck and are screwed?

ETA: words.
    Under no circumstances. I would bet most of you would rather just abort the babies because they were 'accidents'.
  • Offensive because I am completely against it?!
  • MrsMuq said:
    asws1208 said:
    Absolutely. It was only a year later that we were pregnant and not that much changed between then. Any more smart ass questions?
    You certainly get your panties in a wad very quickly, over on WM, too, if someone questions/judges your own life choices.

I wonder how you would fare if you tried to have this discussion with someone who actually is on assistance, face-to-face like.
    This posted obviously is on the defense given the bombardment of her opinion.  Can't blame her.  And if anyone were taking the time to not nit pick, I think they would see the billion (exaggerated) times she mentioned that this is situational.  There is a situation to use this service... many for that matter, but all people are doing is attacking her for her position that people get to make choices.  Some choose better than others.  Maybe she is responsible and more prepared than others.  Maybe she came by that trait on her own or maybe it was her upbringing.  Regardless, she has a right to be defensive after the comments she has received and ultimately, I would think she would fare just fine with someone face to face as she has a balanced view on the situation.
    Thank you. Glad someone actually reads the meaning of what I am saying and not the literal sentences I am saying.
  • aditigirl said:
    Darbie914 said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SHOCKER. The most perfect woman ever waited until marriage. I bet you judge us heathens hardcore for having ::gasp:: sex before marriage!
    No judging, but no sympathy if you wind up pregnant and can't afford it.
  • Darbie914 said:
    asws1208 said:
    Offensive because I am completely against it?!
    You being against abortion is one thing.  You implying that most of the posters would have rather aborted unplanned pregnancies is another.  It is out of line and disgusting.  Who the fuck do you think you are?  If you can't see how offensive this is, then you're even more clueless than I thought.  

I never say this about anyone but I really hope you don't have children.
    THAT is disgusting. I do have a beautiful little boy so fuck off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"