December 2014 Moms

Having a lot of fears. Is this normal?

I am 20 weeks pregnant with my first child. and IT"S A BOY!!! :)
But I'm rally nervous that something is wrong or will go wrong. Nothing has been said or brought up by my doctor, but I am scared there is a possibility. I used to feel the baby move so much, and now its once every couple of days. Am I crazy? maybe just expecting the worse? Am I the only one? I want him to be perfectly healthy. Can something so wonderful go the way it's supposed to? Please tell me I'm not the only one. 

Re: Having a lot of fears. Is this normal?

• I am 20 weeks pregnant with my first child. and IT"S A BOY!!! :)

But I'm rally nervous that something is wrong or will go wrong. Nothing has been said or brought up by my doctor, but I am scared there is a possibility. I used to feel the baby move so much, and now its once every couple of days. Am I crazy? maybe just expecting the worse? Am I the only one? I want him to be perfectly healthy. Can something so wonderful go the way it's supposed to? Please tell me I'm not the only one. 

Everyone is nervous. Have you considered talking with a therapist about these feelings? Also welcome and congrats!

Test
  • Congrats on your baby boy! I heard its normal to not feel consist movement until maybe 24 weeks. But no advice really since 19 weeks and one day no movement here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is also my first child and i have allot of fears as well but i dont let them get the best of me. And the babies movement will be on a off for a while mine changed positions during a ultrasound and didnt feel my little guy for a while till a few hours later id get little pokes again. Dont worry so much enjoy your beautiful soon to be baby and if you do feel there is something wrong dont hold back call your doctor just get relief :) and congrats TEAM SAUSAGE!!
  • soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited August 2014
    It's normal to worry or have fears, and it can be difficult to quell them at times. But, I would try to relax and be optimistic, especially if there's nothing specific that is cause for concern. It's something I have to be aware and mindful of because I have moments of anxiety and worry. It was worse during the first trimester before getting my Harmony results back. Now that I feel strong movements consistently throughout the day I feel better, but I will never feel completely okay or let my guard down. I didn't with my youngest. I had horrible anxiety and a few panic attacks. It sucked.

I lost my first son in November '08. He was also supposed to be another December baby. So having gone through a late loss, and being part of that world, knowing what could happen, again, even when things are seemingly fine. Yeah, it's scary. For many those fears diminish once they make it to the second trimester, but they don't for those who are hit with the heartbreaking reality of second and third trimester losses and birth loss. The fear doesn't go away. I was anxious and on edge during the latter part of my last pregnancy. Even just prior to his birth I didn't feel relieved or "safe." It wasn't until he was born and I saw him breathing that a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. And then I stayed up for hours just watching him breathe.

But, as many bereaved mamas say during subsequent pregnancies, "Today I am pregnant. Embrace and cherish these moments right now." It's something I have to remind myself every day.

(((hugs)))
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Congrats!

I also think its a normal fear/worry. I had it with DD and I have it now even the second time around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"