December 2014 Moms

A/S appointment rant. *Update*

taylojade57taylojade57 member
edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms
First, Small Human is all good! one head, two sets of limbs, and a solid heart beat.

Now... I am livid.
Background: I live in a small town, so once a week an ultrasound person comes from Jax to do the a/s for whomever needs it that week. 
My mum (who took a video camera) and I got to the appointment this morning, and (while I was in the bathroom) she told mum that it couldn't be recorded. So when I got in there she said something about it then "well sorry". And it is part of her group(?)'s rules. So I said how I was bummed out and that it was really important to me and she shrugged it off. So after the a/s, I had my regular appointment. I told one of the nurses what happened and she looked at my like I was crazy. She said that she had never heard of that rule, and, although they didn't anymore, they used to record it for you. So that made me interested. So when I got home I looked up that medical group's rules... From the FAQ I quote

"Can I bring a video tape or DVD so I can share my ultrasound with other family members?

Yes. Let your ultrasound technician know that you have a video tape or DVD. You will receive some pictures to show as well."

I am beyond livid. My husband is deployed, and is missing out on quite a few milestones. All I wanted was to record the appointment so that I could send it to my husband, so that he can feel like he was a part of something. This appointment is something that WE can't get back.

I just called the group that she works with to file a formal complaint. Luckily for her, they were closed for lunch. Luckily for me, they open in 22 minutes. That gives me enough time to regain my composure so that I don't go through the phone at somebody.

Ugh. I'll update after I talk to them.

Update:
Okay. I just called. I made sure to nicely ask what their policy was. Basically, the way they worded their faq question sucks. No I couldn't record on the video camera (even though my office allows it, she works under her office's rules). But I could have taken a cd and they would have recorded all of the pictures on it. She didn't give me that option though.  >:P 
So I'm not angry, now I'm just upset. Baby started waving at us, and DH won't be able to see it!  :((
I'm gonna go lay in bed and cry now.

Re: A/S appointment rant. *Update*

• I'm so sorry you missed that! I would be pissed if I was given false information too! Definitely file a complaint, that's ridiculous that she lied to you like that.  Maybe the rules were changed? But in that case the F&Q section should still be changed.  They messed up either way.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • How annoying! I would definitely complain and see if they will do a complimentary u/s that you can record to make up for the technician's idiocy. How annoying!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • That sucks! I would be livid too. I hope they make things right.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would definitely complain and tell them the reason you wanted it recorded. Maybe they'll be nice enough to let you come back for another quick scan to record for DH. 
  • That will be my first question. If they don't allow it, I will tell them (in the lovely D'14 way) to please change their faq. If they do allow... I haven't decided yet. 

9 minutes.
  • That is such bullshit! I would be absolutely livid too!! 

Call them and report back! 
  • Maybe because it was a video camera? The answer says bring a video tape or dvd. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• RayRay007RayRay007 member
    edited August 2014
    I'm sorry you didn't get to video it, but the FAQ you referred to isn't directly on point - that has to do with if they're recording it for you like the nurse said they used to do. It doesn't say you can bring in a video recorder. Just FYI before you fly off the handle at some innocent receptionist. 

ETA: I can understand the policy of not bringing in your own recorder. When they record the u/s on the machine for you, you are only getting a recording of what the u/s machine sees. When you record, you get everybody's voices and images. How would you feel if someone was videotaping you work? 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would be just as pissed to find /hear conflicting information. At my office they do not allow you to record anything, but they do give you a cd with some video clips and photos. I hope they can do something for you!
  • RayRay007 said:
    I'm sorry you didn't get to video it, but the FAQ you referred to isn't directly on point - that has to do with if they're recording it for you like the nurse said they used to do. It doesn't say you can bring in a video recorder. Just FYI before you fly off the handle at some innocent receptionist. 

ETA: I can understand the policy of not bringing in your own recorder. When they record the u/s on the machine for you, you are only getting a recording of what the u/s machine sees. When you record, you get everybody's voices and images. How would you feel if someone was videotaping you work? 
    I was thinking about this too.  It sucks they aren't more specific in their policy.  Hopefully the OP got the promised photos that were mentioned in the policy.   

Test
  • I'm sure you did, but did you ask them if it's too late to bring in a cd? The one my office have me didn't work and they had everything saved so I went back and they made me a new one.

• Update:
    Okay. I just called. I made sure to nicely ask what their policy was. Basically, the way they worded their faq question sucks. No I couldn't record on the video camera (even though my office allows it, she works under her office's rules). But I could have taken a cd and they would have recorded all of the pictures on it. She didn't give me that option though.  >:P 
    So I'm not angry, now I'm just upset. Baby started waving at us, and DH won't be able to see it!  :((
    I'm gonna go lay in bed and cry now.
    Do you have any places around you that performe the elective ultrasounds (3D or otherwise)?  A couple of the ladies on the board have done those to show friends and family.  So perhaps there is one that will allow for a video tape or something so that you can still send that video and pictures onto your DH. 

Test
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"