April 2015 Moms
Options

Home Birth

There is nothing I want more than to deliver this baby at home. But I am in Alberta and we are sorely lacking midwives to the point where 2 out of 4 practices have already waitlisted me and I am just 4 weeks today. I tried so hard to get a midwife with my first and just don't know if I can handle the disappointment again if I don't get one!

Re: Home Birth

• Options
    That stinks that you might not be able to have the home birth that you would like. Keep your hopes up though! There is quite a bit of time between now and then after all. I hope you do end up getting a midwife!

Married since June 2010 | TTC January 2014-July 2014 | BFP #1 - 7/22/14 | EDD - 4/2/15

image   image   
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    Sorry to hear that! I would love to do a home birth too, but there are no midwives within an hour that do home births. My insurance only covers one hospital, and that one only has one midwife. Luckily she is accepting new patients.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is a serious shortage of midwives willing and able to do home births and especially HBACs.
    There are several options for home births where I live, but none of the midwives who come to my area do VBACs.  There is only one CPM who is willing to come from out of state and I'd rather have a CNM for a VBAC.
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yayy!! I'm so happy for you!! I'm in the same boat right now, waiting to hear back from the Midwifery office. We're in Ontario and there's a shortage here too :(
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I couldn't imagine doing a home birth. I had ds med free but tore every which way since he came out with his arm up. I was thankful for the heavy pain meds while they stitched up my peri urethral tear (read: stitched up my clit).
    I had a hosptial birth and this happened...  Ouch... 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I would love a home birth but dh is to worried my last was only a 2 he labour so worried this on will come faster as they have got quicker the more I have had
  • Options
    I tore from here to there as well and I think they just gave me a local anesthetic shot before sewing. I'm site the midwives do the same
  • Options
    My only advice to a home birth or birthing center is to find out how fast you and/or your baby can get to a hospital if needed. I had a "normal" pregnancy with my son and everything was great up until the last few minutes of pushing. The next day, my Doctor told me that if I had delivered anywhere other than the hospital, both my son and I would not have made it. 

I fully support the use of midwives, however, I would be hesitant to deliver anywhere other than a hospital. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are about 7 minutes from a hospital :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"