December 2014 Moms

Food and pain

Just wanted to share a slightly funny story:

So I'm 22 weeks and I've been having mild cramping and back pain throughout my whole pregnancy so far. This evening it was so uncomfortable I used a heating pad to bring some relief. So 2 hours later I still feel this discomfort...I start getting scared and debated whether to go to the ER or not. I'm looking at the time like maybe I should eat (I wasn't hungry but I was thinking about baby boy), haven't eaten in about 6 hours he's probably hungry. So my step mom starts saying she's gonna make me a sandwich with mustard- my weakness- and just like that, pain stops there's nothing now. And I feel my son thumping me like he's saying "yes! About time".
Imagine me, I've never heard of this before!!

Moral of my story is...when having mild discomfort, eat food.

Re: Food and pain

• Ill definitely try this next time! Iv been in pain on and off for a few days now.
  • It's so true!!! I went to the doc because for the past few days I have been crazy uncomfortable sleeping. I was getting crushing chest pain. Turns out, I wasn't eating about 5 hours before I went to bed and it was causing a lot of gas pressure build up (cause baby was hungry). So now I eat every few hours and right before bed (even if I'm not hungry). It solved everything. Sleeping well again too! Go figure.

• Loading the player...
  • That's so strange! Never heard of it, but I guess it makes lots of sense! lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • food, yet again for the win!

Now, I really want a salami sandwich with mustard!
  • Just wanted to share a slightly funny story: So I'm 22 weeks and I've been having mild cramping and back pain throughout my whole pregnancy so far. This evening it was so uncomfortable I used a heating pad to bring some relief. So 2 hours later I still feel this discomfort...I start getting scared and debated whether to go to the ER or not. I'm looking at the time like maybe I should eat (I wasn't hungry but I was thinking about baby boy), haven't eaten in about 6 hours he's probably hungry. So my step mom starts saying she's gonna make me a sandwich with mustard- my weakness- and just like that, pain stops there's nothing now. And I feel my son thumping me like he's saying "yes! About time". Imagine me, I've never heard of this before!! Moral of my story is...when having mild discomfort, eat food.
    Glad to see that eating seemed to be the solution.  Have you considered trying to have a more regular schedule to your meals so that you aren't going 6 hours without at least snacking on something? 

Test
  • I try to eat every few hours even if I am not hungry. I feel weak if I dont eat. Glad it was just food you needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I mean I snack on things but after I eat I'm normally okay. I usually eat more frequently, just yesterday I didn't have the urge to. I'll try the schedule though.
  • Yea let us know if it helped! I mean every woman's situation and body is different but I've heard from a lot of moms and they basically had mild cramping throughout their whole pregnancy and delivered healthy babies. Not saying ignore it and just chalk it up to a normal thing, go with your gut and obviously if it's something unbearable and persistent check it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"