December 2014 Moms

Bedding

I hope no one has brought this up too recently. Has anyone started looking into bedding? I'm looking and it seems like everything is bubble gum pink or plastered in elephants. Just looking for some ideas on where any of you ladies are purchasing as I've having issues finding anything I like.

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Bedding

• Are you looking for a bedding set or just bed sheets? In all honesty, we bought awesome bed sheets at Walmart. They are incredibly soft and fairly inexpensive. There are plenty of color and pattern options as well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Last time around we got an actual set. I liked it because we just stopped using it not to long ago and it goes so well with E's room. I don't keep any of the stuff in the bed with baby, but part of me feels as though the room looks incomplete. Nursery is going to be rather small with plan beige carpet and an off yellow wall since we can't paint.

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm avoiding pink overkill trying to makes the main color a lilac if it's a girl. I found a Lambs and Ivy set that is dark plum and lavender with very little pink, it has butterfly's on it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got an actual set for DD too. We won't be doing that again unless we get an awesome deal. We didn't use very much of it until recently, so it seemed like a waste of money.We will prorobably do a sheet and bed skirt if I can find one.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Just noticed you mentioned yellow I saw a set at target that is grey and yellow with yellow giraffes one or two.

• Land of Nod has a lot of cute sets. Target has tons of options online, too.

BabyFruit Ticker TTC since 11/2011 Me: Hypothyroid & PCOS DH: 0% morphology IVF #1 - transfer on 4/2/14 BFP 4/11/14 beta 161 EDD: 12/19/14 It's a GIRL! AnaSophia (Sophie; Soph the Loaf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm avoiding pink overkill trying to makes the main color a lilac if it's a girl. I found a Lambs and Ivy set that is dark plum and lavender with very little pink, it has butterfly's on it.
    My husband has this idea that it's a girl so everything has to look like a bottle of pepto. There was a gorgeous yellow set, and it just wasn't right, because it was yellow.

Thanks for the ideas of places. Maybe a few sheets and a crib skirt is a good idea. With a throw pillow or two to accent. They're easy enough to take out while baby is in the crib.

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
  • With I decided on a fun monster theme before we knew he was a boy. Room is creme and green and then we put in colorful happy/silly monster creature art in bold colors like red, blue, yellow, etc. The bedding is multicolored dots with a white background that I found online - called the Caden Lane Classic Collection. (I bought target fitted sheets as well but they shrink horribly within a few washes)

This time the room we are using has a red stripe. If this baby were a girl I was going to do a ladybug theme so it'd be red, green and just a tinge of pink potentially but since I'm having a second boy, I think I'm going to do a nautical/whale theme.

I suggest you check etsy for ideas on how to avoid the "typical" :)

• I love pottery barn kids for their patterns. They have some blue and teal for girls plus some cute neutral sets.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • We got DD's bedding at PBK. The sheets still look great after 2 years and many washes.

We don't know what we are having yet but I found a girl set at PBK and boy set at Land of Nod.

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/m/products/mumm-crib-fitted-sheet/?pkey=bgirls-nursery-sheeting

https://m.landofnod.com/make-a-splash-crib-bedding/f12279
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • I love pottery barn kids for their patterns. They have some blue and teal for girls plus some cute neutral sets.
    I'll check out Pottery Barn, because I'm really thinking teal.

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
  • I'll probably just end of getting sheets. Our nursery is harry potter themed and I cane seem to find ANY bedding sets that go along with that theme. I don't want cartoon owls with pink or blue (we're team green) and I can't find much that's solid with no polkas dots or print.
    Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
    DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
    June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
    October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
    December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
    January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
    April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
    April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
    January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a set picked out at Wal-Mart. Its yellow and grey owls. I am trying to go gender neutral. We hopefully are finding out next week.

• We won't get a set this time, as we didn't really use it last time. We'll just get sheets, a skirt, and look at Etsy for really cute throws to go with our color theme. I'm not really into the cute animal, flower, train, etc themes. I don't hate them for other people, but I just prefer doing a color theme and sticking with that.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

There was a teal ruffle one that was cute, but the bedding seems to have changed since the last time I was looking at the girls stuff. That being said, did you see the peacock set? I thought that was really cool and not over the top. Maybe not colorful enough for you though. Keep in mind that you can switch out the sheets too. They have really cute patterns :)
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • I went with a crib skirt from Etsy. They have some really cute stuff on there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was just planning on buying fitted sheets and skipping the whole themed bedding thing. Seems like the STM say you don't used most that stuff anyway.

• We bought plain sheets and matching changing pad covers from Carousel Designs. https://www.babybedding.com

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I highly recommend sticking with fitted crib sheets (4 or 5) and buying a few blankets later. If baby is going directly in the crib, you can't use any of the other stuff anyway. Blanket sleepers and swaddles are the only safe covers until they can roll over on their own.

Aden and Anais makes wonderful crib sheets in solid colors and patterns in cotton muslin or bamboo (Amazon, BuyBuyBaby). Target carries some good flannel options if you are in a colder climate.

We are trying to go with a teal, grey, purple color scheme and its been hard to find teal bedding, the closest I find is more of an aqua/turquoise color. Here are a few of the non-grey bedding sets we like:
    https://m.buybuybaby.com/m/product/sweet-jojo-designs-zig-zag-crib-bedding-collection-in-turquoise-grey/212472

https://m.target.com/p/mudhut-hope-3pc-set/-/A-14506647
  • We got this one for our LO from Pottery Barn: https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/finn-nursery-bedding/?pkey=bboys-nursery-bedding&amp;

We are just going with sheets and will register for a mesh bumper, but won't use it until LO is more mobile. 

Good luck!
  • My bumper and quilt ended up getting donated with my first because we never used them. I guess I still don't see the point of getting anything other than cute sheets.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I did a gender neutral theme for DD cause buying new bedding for #2 seems ridiculous.  You can see pics here, it's baby blue, a baby green and white

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/83324817#Comment_83324817 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• SerenityAESerenityAE member
    edited August 2014
    We ordered our bedding form Pottery Barn Kids.  We went for the Harper collection in Navy/White, which is very clean and simple.  We got the accent set too, which is the Harper Boats and has red, navy and white nautical accents--sail boat, anchor, etc.  You can see it here

We didnt really like the super over-the-top blue sets, and I wasnt a fan of all the monkey or farm animal sets I kept seeing on other sites.

PBK has very cute stuff!
    This is the set I want so bad and will probably end up ordering. Boyfriend and I are both huge boaters and this would be absolutely perfect. 

Either that one or this one: 
  • We did simple gray n white from pottery barn!
  • Check out the boy section in pottery barn too! Some of them aren't that boyish lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Thanks for all the input guys. I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't digging all the farm animals and over the top pink.

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"