1st Trimester

Telling work early

I work in a small office with 6 people. We are super busy from October until March each year so everyone plans vacations and such around that. One of my coworkers needs surgery and is planning it for the end of March. I am due at the end of March. We will both me out for 6 weeks. I want to tell her to schedule it earlier, but I need to now. Her surgeon is already booked until February. I haven't had my first appointment yet, so I don't really want to tell anyone. Any thoughts? 

Re: Telling work early

• I don't think she would be able to keep her mouth shut. I could tell my boss who would keep it secret but I don't think it would make a difference. I just don't want them to be in a bind when we both are gone. 
  • Loading the player...
  • She is already scheduling surgery for the spring. I am not telling her to schedule it. 
    We've worked together for 3 years. We both want to plan what we can so the work load is covered. My coworkers are great. I don't want to make their work life hard because two of us will be out. Considering I know my doctor plans to induce me early, I don't really have to worry about the baby coming too early. 
    Thank you all for being supportive of other moms. That reminds me why I stopped visiting the bump with my last pregnancy. 
  • 14whitney said:
    Thanks GM. I apologize, OP. I came off bitchy and was wrong.
    Props to you, I don't think I've ever seen someone fess to this in all of my years on the Knot/Bump.  

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• beepositive63beepositive63 member
    edited August 2014
    This is my first pregnancy so i figured the bump would be a good resource for support and advise but i have to agree withAnne Mommy...most of the replies from people are bitchy, sarcastic, and rude. I'm over the bump
  • Some of you are just straight up bitches! For first time moms you sure make TheBump look awful! Props to you in making people feel horrible, you won!
  • @beepositive63‌ and @daniellewherry‌, if you have a problem, GTFO. No one is forcing you to stay and participate. If anyone is being an asshole or bitch, it's you two. You are the ones violating TOU and calling people names. 'Bee' gone.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I told my former bass early once and will never do it again. My company was just acquired by a huge firm and I started with a new team and and new boss 3 weeks ago. I am not telling anything to anyone until I am ready and certain that the baby is fine.
    Pregnancy%20ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"