December 2014 Moms

i just want to cry!

krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms

We had another lay off at work this morning! :(  After having 4 lay offs a couple weeks ago. This is getting really tough.... seeing people I really like and people who work really hard being let go. Today it was someone I was close to... His wife also works here and she didn't bother staying at the office today after he was let go... the Vice President doesn't seem optimistic that she will keep working here either. Her and her husband are literally my two favorite people in the whole office. Beginning to wonder whether this company is going to survive all the federal defense spending cuts at all. I am fairly certain that the only reason I am still here is because they hardly pay me anything so laying me off wouldn't make much of a difference to the company owners' budget. The Vice President mentioned moving me to the other end of the hall since its literally empty and deserted on my end of the hall after the lay offs - I am assuming that since she's talking about moving my office that I am safe from the lay offs. I mean, yay for me... but this still sucks. Its hard to want to be at work when it is so quiet and empty.

Okay, thanks for letting me whine ladies... hope you all are having a better Friday than me!

Re: i just want to cry!

• So sorry to hear, hope your job is safe.
    Are you looking just in case?
    Pregnant with #2

IVF cycle 1 (Nov 2013)- freeze all d/t OHSS
    FET #1-BFN
    FET #2-BFP baby girl born Dec 2014
    FET #3-Sept 2017 BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks

IVF cycle 2 (Oct 2017)- freeze all again d/t OHSS
    FET #1 BPF, pregnant with a singleton due Sept 2018

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • this happened to me 2 weeks ago.  It's really sad and depressing, just be thankful you are safe :) I was thinking they might have to keep us because we're pregnant unless they get rid of the whole dept because of legal implications.  Who knows though.  Sorry your feeling down :(
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Loading the player...
  • I completely understand where you're coming from, I've actually been experiencing this at my job recently as well. We had one person let go about a month ago (luckily he was able to transition into another job quickly) and someone else is actually being let go today =( He's a really nice guy with a young family, I hope he lands something better soon. 

Sending positive thoughts for your coworker and his wife! 

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • Thinking of you <3
  • How sucky... never fun when a coworker you liked/got along with is let go.  Here's to hoping you stick around for the long haul, laying off a pregnant woman would be pretty d!ck.

One of my coworkers was laid off shortly after she returned from mat leave with a 5 month old and only days after superstorm sandy hit our area hard.  You just never know the reasoning and it sucks.
    December 2014 November Siggy Challenge: How I Feel in Third Tri

Mom to DD(4), DS(2) and # 3 Due 12/14/14

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Seeing several of your co-workers laid off is always rough.  There was a time at my old office where there was over 25% work force reduction.  Like PP mentioned about looking... your job might be safe but it wouldn't hurt to dust off the resume and get it updated.  My experience is that the organization's culture can (intentionally or unintentionally) change after lay-offs.

Test
  • Thanks everyone... and sorry that I forgot to look back to this post before the weekend hit! I really appreciate all your kind words.

And I am definitely looking for new jobs too... for two reasons: 1. this is not my dream job anyways, I took it as a stepping stone towards my career right before I graduated from my Masters program  and 2. better safe than sorry. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"