Cloth Diapering
Options

Newborn Gdiapers- help?

So, I recently bought an amazing deal off someone from a local facebook yard sale group.  23 BumGenius AIO size small dipes for $50. I've never used AIOs, only pockets with my previous child.  When I got there She threw in some newborn Gdiapers.  I don't know what i'm suppose to do with them. I'm not due until December so I have lots of time but i'm just curious.  Google tells me that they recommend disposable inserts with the newborn diapers and not cloth.  Anyone know why? The disposable inserts are more expensive than diapers!  Thanks for any help ladies :)
Audrey- December 2009
Owen- April 2011
Olivia- Due December 24th

Re: Newborn Gdiapers- help?

• Options
    Okay, good, i'm glad to hear that.  I'm planning on getting some cloth then. 
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
  • Options
    Gdiapers generally pushes the disposable inserts. I assume it is BECAUSE they are so expensive. They are trying to make money. 
    I'm not sure why they say this about nb in particular though?
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah we almost never used the disposable inserts for the gDiapers we had. Cloth inserts were a much better choice.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls- going to try them out with some cloth inserts then :)
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
  • Options
    I think it might also be because the disposable inserts are more trim. The newborn gs seem to be a little smaller than the small pouches, so stuffing a small cloth insert in them is hard. I've found that if you overstuff a pouch, poop goes everywhere. You need some extra space in the pouch to hold poop. This is all just theoretical though, I haven't used the newborn ones I have yet. DS was already ready for smalls when I got a few as part of another lot. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great thanks! I really am such a basic Cloth diaper-er.  I only knew pockets and stuck with them with my son.  This time i've branched out to AIOs.  I still dont know how to use a prefold or anything about them but maybe i'll try that.  Probably a cheaper way to go for the quick newborn stage?
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
  • Options
    I have also heard that because NBs pee and poop so much that the disposable inserts are just easier in the very beginning...not knowing from experience but this is just what I have heard...FTM in November :)

IAmPregnant Ticker

First Met: March 13, 2009
    Married: September 13, 2012 
    BFP: March 4, 2014
    EDD: 11/25/2014 
    Three furbabies: Franklin (8) Amos (4) Sasha (2) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"