TTC after 35
Options

+++Marriedasportsnut+++

Hi there- I just read your response to Indiana. I am so sorry about your cancelled cycle. That happened to me but I had only one follie. On my second try I had three and did go forward. All three were ICSI'd and AH and now I am 7 weeks along with one. My nurse told me to be aggressive, my RE wanted to cancel that cycle as well. I do not produce many eggs so I told him we wanted to go forward even if it was with one because I needed to know the quality of my eggs. So, do not let the RE soley control your decisions but if it is insurance that it is a differerent issue. Good luck and lots of (((HUGS)))

Re: +++Marriedasportsnut+++

• Options

Hi there, thank you for the page and the inspiring story. It never would have occurred to me to push for a retrieval, so it's good to know that patients have some input and that your instinct was correct!

I pretty much knew I was doomed at the suppression check when they found only 2-3 follicles. My RE seems to think it's cyclical...we'll see. Theoretically I can't respond much worse, right?? :-) Those Gonal-F pens are going to send me to the poor house one way or the other I swear.

Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
  • Options
    Are you OOP? I had a great coverage so I cannot complain but what were you taking!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a $15K lifetime limit. The six Gonal F pens cost almost $6k when billed through insurance. And I've got to do it all over again here in 7-8 weeks so I'm going to hit my limit just on medications. Sigh. Fortunately embryo work and such can be billed against my DH. 

Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
  • Options
    Your lifetime limit for IF includes medications and procedures? That is crummy....There are other meds that do the same as gonal-f have you checked out them with your RE? Maybe the nurse can check with insurance to see what is the best buy for your money. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"