December 2012 Moms

Now it's daddy's turn

To get all of the attention from DD. She only wants daddy and when I put my hand on DH today she said "no mommy" and pulled my hand off. I guess it's good with the new baby coming in October that she doesn't want mommy all of the time, but it breaks my heart a little when I pick her up from her crib and she cries and points at the door and says daddy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

Re: Now it's daddy's turn

• DD has mom days and dad days. Last weekend was all about dad - she totally hanging all over him and cried if he wasn't nearby. Part of me was grateful because I was so tired.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• DH has been amazing. He puts DD to bed because I'm just too tired to walk up the stairs, it's hard to lay her in her crib, and I've been trying to carry her less because if I carry her too much I start to get achy. Well I guess this is the consequence and I wasn't prepared for it. Now daddy is what she is used to. The no touching thing is new. That just started today.

She is growing up way too fast. She moved to the older toddler room today. She just seems so grown up.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Loading the player...
  • They really do. Isa moved into the older toddler room at the end of June. Sometimes when I pick her up, I'll stand by the door watching them for a minute before going in. The other day, they were sitting at the little tables having snack and she just seemed so grown up not being in a high chair (it was animal crackers and water, so low mess risk - lunch is still in a high chair, but they're trying to teach her to eat at the table). I know that everyone says it goes fast, but dang...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Just wait till we all start bringing these new babies home. Then they will really seem grown up! Ainsley is definitely becoming more of a daddy's girl, but if she is tired, hungry or hurt, it is still all about mommy.
  • All dd wants is her dad, she cries for him all he time, runs to him when she's hurt, when I hold her she cries and reaches for dada. It bothers me but she loves her dad. She acts like I beat her or something becUse she always wants him. I'm like I take care of her ALL day, maybe she is just sick of being with me all day everyday. Eventually it will change and she will just want me, hopefully lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Awe :( that makes me sad for you. I'm sorry. Dd is still a super mamas girl right now and I'm dreading when the gears change. I snuggle her so much at bed time bc I'm having major guilt about bringing a new baby home to her soon.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Morgan is totally a mommy girl right now.  If I'm there she won't go near H....at all!  When I'm not home she's fine, but on the weekends it's all me.  It's exhausting, but deep down I love it <3

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• DD tends to be a Momma's girl, so I actually enjoy the days when she's a Daddy's girl because a) I know it makes him feel good and b) I get a little bit of a break....I love her to death, but when I can't even pee without her crying at the bathroom door the ENTIRE TIME, it can be a bit suffocating.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Killian is my little snuggle bug for sure but he's so independent at the same time.This past weekend he was crying for Daddy & Bubba this weekend because Daddy's been working so much we never see him and Bubba made a new friend he finally wanted to bring to our house. Poor Killian and I have been shuffled out of their lives the last couple weeks and he'd had enough this weekend. He threw such a fit that we made Bubba play with him for over an hour. The rest of the weekend went much smoother although he woke up looking for him this morning.
    image image image
  • I'm sorry! It's tough when they have a one parent phase. They change so fast, though, your LO may be having a mommy phase before you know it. (Hopefully not right when you bring the new baby home!) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"