November 2014 Moms

need reassurance

I know I am like a broken record on this movement thing - needing some reassurance.

I'm now going on day 3 with very minimal movement. I feel a twinge here and there which I know counts, but I want more baby kicks. :(

Re: need reassurance

• I'm the same I don't really feel a whole lot of movement.  I might feel something every once in a while but nothing major.  I'm sure once you hit the 3rd trimester you will feel a lot more. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I could've written this same post. I don't think I've really felt anything the past few days. Trying to be patient. I guess I don't necessarily have reassurance, but just know you're not alone! When is your next appt?
  • When i was around 24 weeks i went prob 3 days without feeling anything. Then bam! big kicks. I just kept reminding myself how much babies are sleeping when they are so little and also i have an anterior placenta so that muffled a lot of movement. Its hard not to get discouraged, but im sure your babe is just fine :)
  • NLJ82NLJ82 member
    I'm a week or so ahead of you (& have been measuring on time) and feel very little. I've gotten a couple little kicks but I'm with you...it freaks me out too. I started out a little fluffy so I'm hoping that as it goes I'll start feeling something a little stronger. Good Luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jj0313jj0313 member
    I think you're totally fine but when in doubt just give your doctor a ring!
  • as pp's said you don't start counting until 28 weeks (fyi I count all the time... can't help it I'm just paranoid) but if you get really scared I have heard that at this age the baby will respond to a light if shown on your belly.  You could see if that would work.  
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• My pumpkin has been pretty active, which was shocking to me since I have an anterior placenta. But I am completely manipulating her - I know which foods will make her dance, and when I need that reassurance, I run to have a popcicle... At 2 am.

Logic tells me I don't need to worry about movement for weeks yet, but I want her to move alllll the time.
  • I like it when LO is sleeping or relaxing. I feel like once he gets huge it'll be nonstop so I like the little breaks.... and as soon as I typed that he kicked me hard twice lol. Please try not to worry ladies. I seriously think I'm abnormal, you guys are right on track.

Babies actually slow down their movement once you get closer to your due date :)

• Maelara said:
    I like it when LO is sleeping or relaxing. I feel like once he gets huge it'll be nonstop so I like the little breaks.... and as soon as I typed that he kicked me hard twice lol. Please try not to worry ladies. I seriously think I'm abnormal, you guys are right on track.

Babies actually slow down their movement once you get closer to your due date :)
    My little app thing said weeks 25-28 are the most active.

OP, I bet she's just snuggled up in a new spot!  Try not to worry!  She'll probably be kicking up a storm in the next day or so!

• aragosta said:
    Maelara said:
    I like it when LO is sleeping or relaxing. I feel like once he gets huge it'll be nonstop so I like the little breaks.... and as soon as I typed that he kicked me hard twice lol. Please try not to worry ladies. I seriously think I'm abnormal, you guys are right on track.

I totally know what you are saying and it's mostly true.  But everyone please, please don't think it's normal if baby is moving significantly less towards the end.  Call someone ASAP if you notice a drastic decrease. 

I could soap box about this but I won't, at least right now! 

Yes! Sorry, I should have said that! I also should have been more clear when I said they slow down at the end. I mean like 35 weeks plus, not 25-28 weeks. We aren't that close to the end yet ;) also, you still need your daily kick count even when they do slow down.
  • But I am completely manipulating her - I know which foods will make her dance, and when I need that reassurance, I run to have a popcicle... At 2 am.

I was just going to say the same thing! Bananas and peaches here, they get him jumping!
  • lissydee said:
    Maelara said:

not my kids in my previous pregnancies.  They were movers and shakers the whole time...actually still are.  They never stop.

Lol, N didn't either! I have a long torso so she still had a lot of room to move around in, even when I was 41 weeks. She's just as active on the outside too!
  • @kstirton‌ aww, hugs! It's so easy to get used to the reassuring movements! I'm sure your LO dances up a storm all night while you sleep, and don't even notice!
    Glad to see you're feeling better already!
  • But I am completely manipulating her - I know which foods will make her dance, and when I need that reassurance, I run to have a popcicle... At 2 am.
    I was just going to say the same thing! Bananas and peaches here, they get him jumping!

Peeches?  Uh oh!!

I had no idea I had an anterior placenta till today when I looked at my own chart so that explains no kicks for DH.  Other than that the kicks are so random and honestly more often than not they feel like gas.  I wouldn't worry too much but like PPs said, if you really feel something is wrong check with your doc.      

• I am realizing it's not the lack of movement per say as it is the strength of movement and the lack of schedule. She's very spontaneous so far. :) She doesn't like it when I come back to work b/c I'm much more active where on the weekends I rest more so of course I'm going to feel her more! My friend said - she is so little at this point it's impossible to feel ALL her movement! That made me feel lots better. Just have those days where I'm a little more anxious than others. So grateful they haven't lasted the entire pregnancy. ;) Not looking forward to kick counts though.

• kstirton said:

I am realizing it's not the lack of movement per say as it is the strength of movement and the lack of schedule. She's very spontaneous so far. :) She doesn't like it when I come back to work b/c I'm much more active where on the weekends I rest more so of course I'm going to feel her more! My friend said - she is so little at this point it's impossible to feel ALL her movement! That made me feel lots better. Just have those days where I'm a little more anxious than others. So grateful they haven't lasted the entire pregnancy. ;) Not looking forward to kick counts though.

I made a weekly chart with the days of the week on it. I'd pick 1 hour that I knew she was the most active and do my count then :) it's not that bad!
  • Maelara said:
    kstirton said:

I am realizing it's not the lack of movement per say as it is the strength of movement and the lack of schedule. She's very spontaneous so far. :) She doesn't like it when I come back to work b/c I'm much more active where on the weekends I rest more so of course I'm going to feel her more! My friend said - she is so little at this point it's impossible to feel ALL her movement! That made me feel lots better. Just have those days where I'm a little more anxious than others. So grateful they haven't lasted the entire pregnancy. ;) Not looking forward to kick counts though.

I made a weekly chart with the days of the week on it. I'd pick 1 hour that I knew she was the most active and do my count then :) it's not that bad!
    I know we have a little bit until this starts but am I right then to assume that all babies should be moving 10x within that hour then? if not they'd have A LOT of women in labor and delivery to check it LOL just so hard to imagine right now w/ her movements so unpredictable and sudden/brief.

• I have noticed more movement as time goes on. I also have a trick to check on her when I feel there has been no movement in a few hours. I lay on my side for a few minutes, drink or eat something sugary or I wiggle my belly with my hands a few times. That usually gets her to move or kick.
  • @kstirton‌ how is your little one moving now? After feeling mine constantly for two weeks, I'm now going through exactly what you described.

I'm still feeling her but the strength of her movement has decreased. She's gone from 'pow' kicks to little bumps, and there's no schedule now.

I'm sure she's just changed positions now so I can't feel her as much, but it freaks me out!

Have you had any change?
  • @kstirton‌ how is your little one moving now? After feeling mine constantly for two weeks, I'm now going through exactly what you described. I'm still feeling her but the strength of her movement has decreased. She's gone from 'pow' kicks to little bumps, and there's no schedule now. I'm sure she's just changed positions now so I can't feel her as much, but it freaks me out! Have you had any change?
    She is moving right along! There isn't a definite schedule now, but I don't think there should be just yet. I have felt a couple definite rolls, so I think that while I don't feel her moving, she must be in a position where it's more challenging to feel her move, but that doesn't mean that she isn't! Just rest easy and know that your LO's movement will fluctuate, it won't be the same thing every single day. I try not to stress now - if I feel her once or twice throughout the day, that's enough reassurance for me, for now! Usually if I feel her one time I'll feel several little bumps/nudges, not just 1, and that makes me feel better too

• I am resurrecting this thread because I am going through this exact same thing now and it's freaking me out! I was getting big movement every day for the past couple weeks but then these last three days have been so much less and feels lighter too, like not as definite feeling. It sucks! I know I should just take my own advice that I posted but it is hard not to worry! I am hoping my uterus has just grown more and baby hasn't yet caught up and has more space now?

I think we've learned two things:

1) yes, the baby can wedge into places where we don't feel them as much, or the feelings are much softer. Since I posted, she's gone back and forth between normal and muted a few times. I read that it means there is a growth spurt going on.

2) we can give advice, but can't take our own! As soon as something is different, we worry. I'm fine with being a raging nutcase :) If at any point you really become concerned, call your doctor, because you can. But I think this is a normal pattern.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"