December 2014 Moms

Gift basket for 1st trimester survival

I want to make a gift basket to give to my friend that just found out she is pregnant. I wanted to include things to help her get through the 1st trimester. I'm thinking crackers, ginger drops, tea? I'm drawing a blank. I know I have seen a list of things somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Apologies if this has already been talked about. Thanks!

Re: Gift basket for 1st trimester survival

• ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited August 2014
    What a sweet idea!

Maybe some preggy pops and scent free lotion? Sea-bands are nice as well as cereal bars (if you don't use crackers). A bottle of Tylenol was my best friend :P
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Might want to add a sweet baby-related thing like a teddy bear in there too so it doesn't just freak her out ;)
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe a pregnancy book or journal?
  • saltines and/or animal crackers. They really helped me. 
  • That is such a sweet gesture! What a great friend you are! I second the notion of pretty pops from @ColeyCannoli‌ . They were the reason I got through work in the first tri.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• def ginger ale, the "ginger mints" at TJs were awesome for me, Saltines, ginger chews, a bunch of new toothbrushes from the dollar store may be nice, colace, dried fruit.

That's all I've got :) lol
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • All the above are great ideas!  I would also add some sour candy, like Jolly Rancher Sours or Sour Patch Kids.  
  • too bad you can't package naps lol

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Thanks ladies! These are all great ideas! I completely agree with the something snuggly idea! Now I just want to go shopping!
  • My cousin did this for me and I thought it was the sweetest gesture. I got a basket with a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated, a pregnancy magazine, chocolates for cravings, stretch mark cream, and a sweet card!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What a sweet idea!

Maybe some preggy pops and scent free lotion? Sea-bands are nice as well as cereal bars (if you don't use crackers). A bottle of Tylenol was my best friend :P
    Preggy pops saved my life I swear.... Or kept me from spewing on client's heads...
  • I agree with pp's on ginger ale for sure as well as sour candy, like Sour Patch Kids. My mom did this for me and I loved it. She also included dried, crystallized ginger, mint tea, a stuffed, wind-up toy for LO, a pack of white NB onesies, and a pregnancy book. 
  • SerunatuSerunatu member
    edited August 2014

That is such a great idea :)

I didn't get an ounce of sickness in my first trimester, nor have I dealt with any heart burn yet! So keep in mind she may not need ginger chews, tums, etc. I'm trying to think of something sleep related.. maybe like an eye mask or some comfy socks or bubble bath/massage oils?

Please post a picture or let us know what you come up with!

ETA: I want one of my friends to get pregnant now so I can do this for them while the idea's fresh in my brain ;)

• Bagels! Or maybe a gift card to a bagel shop if they have those in your area.
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Pregnancy books or a baby name book. Something fun to keep her busy as I remember I was super tired in the first trimester and didn't feel like doing anything! So I read a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"