September 2012 Moms

Birthday Party Invites?

Anyone want to share your birthday party invite?  Or the ones you're deciding between, if you haven't picked yet?  This is Sophia's (with the bottom rsvp info cropped off.) 

Re: Birthday Party Invites?

• First yours is really cute - Love the Pizza theme!

Ugg I am having so much trouble with this.  Normally I just order from Vistaprint, but i missed the sale and I would have to create my own anyways (we are going with a Minion theme).  So now i am debating on buying a print myself from Etsy or trying to make a print myself one. 

my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • https://www.etsy.com/listing/159579785/boy-farm-birthday-party-invitation-blue?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share These are my first choice option right now. I still have a month before I need invites though, so I might change my mind. I really want something in red gingham, so I might message her and see if she can do them in red. The wording will be : "oink, cluck, moo! Colby is turning two! "

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    I can't come up with any wording for "i'll have a week old baby...come over to meet him and eat some cake to celebrate Nancy turning 2, but please don't stay all day long."

Sigh. I'm sure I'll feel creative one of these days, right?
    Personally, I would leave off the meet the baby wording since people will feel the need to bring 2 gifts. Just make it a simple birthday party with times on the invite like 3-4:30, and say cake to be served if you want to be clear that you aren't providing a meal.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• smb+jab said:
    First yours is really cute - Love the Pizza theme!

Ugg I am having so much trouble with this.  Normally I just order from Vistaprint, but i missed the sale and I would have to create my own anyways (we are going with a Minion theme).  So now i am debating on buying a print myself from Etsy or trying to make a print myself one. 

I print most of my stuff at home. Staples has some good cardstock, and I don't even have a really fancy printer. Give it a shot!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • smb+jab said:

I print most of my stuff at home. Staples has some good cardstock, and I don't even have a really fancy printer. Give it a shot!
    Maybe i will try.  I think i burned myself out on the print at home.  I did at lot of stuff when we got married (info cards for the save the dates, the place cards, the programs, etc) that ended up doing battle with the printer and ended up very frustrated. I might just be angry at print at home! haha 
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • hmp1 said:
    I can't come up with any wording for "i'll have a week old baby...come over to meet him and eat some cake to celebrate Nancy turning 2, but please don't stay all day long."

Personally, I would leave off the meet the baby wording since people will feel the need to bring 2 gifts. Just make it a simple birthday party with times on the invite like 3-4:30, and say cake to be served if you want to be clear that you aren't providing a meal.
    That's a good idea...do you guys find that end times actually work for adults?  I've never put an end time on an invite before.  There won't be any kids at this, other than the 4 in our family.  It's DH's family I worry about.  Last time they felt the need to sit in my living room for almost 6 hours when Nancy was roughly a week old.  It was exhausting.  If you're going to come over when someone has a new baby, you better either be bringing them something or cleaning something to earn your stay.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• So cute!

I'm lame and didn't want to spend a lot of $ (I considered doing an eVite, FFTC).

So, I have 4x6 photo paper already at home and made my own using word.   It's a Red Minnie Mouse Theme like a few others are doing so I put a red polka dot border on it, downloaded and used a Walt Disney font, and put a picture of her in her Halloween costume the past two years side by side (she was a red minnie her first 2 Halloweens) on it.   I'ts cute enough to me for the 12 I need to send out and will get tossed.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• smb+jab said:

I was too lazy to do this... found mine on etsy from someone who would print it and send envelopes.  I think I would have gone for it if our printer wasn't out of its color print cartridge.
    :\"> Honestly though, most of what's available on etsy is print at home.
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    hmp1 said:

That's a good idea...do you guys find that end times actually work for adults?  I've never put an end time on an invite before.  There won't be any kids at this, other than the 4 in our family.  It's DH's family I worry about.  Last time they felt the need to sit in my living room for almost 6 hours when Nancy was roughly a week old.  It was exhausting.  If you're going to come over when someone has a new baby, you better either be bringing them something or cleaning something to earn your stay.
    Well, I have only done one party at home so end times have always worked. You could do an early (before lunch party), donuts and cupcakes. Get the kids down for a nap to kick people out.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:

No. Never. However, I am a kindofabitch. In your situation, after the allotted time, I would excuse myself and my kids and go do something else - whether that be leave the house to go to Target or just to my room to close the door and watch a movie. I would thank everyone for coming and have DH help them to the door. 

I have only had to do that once. Usually, once L starts to show signs of sleepiness, people start leaving anyway. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I didn't plan the party this year, so I didn't pick the invites. My aunt planned a shared party for both Skye and my cousin's daughter. She had a Nemo party. 

I have to second loving the pizza theme! I may have to try that next year. It sounds like an excellent excuse to serve dessert pizza with all kinds of fruit toppings! 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have seen parties with end times (most baby showers, bridal showers or kids parties) but put one on the invite and then at that time start putting the kids down for a nap.  Hopefully people will get the hint its time to leave....

Besides with a new baby I would think (now I know i am probably in the minority here) that its only polite to stay a bit with new parents as well as to offer to bring a meal and help out (i.e. clean up).  At least that is what we do...
    my read shelf:

• I can't find anything I like, I think I am too picky. We are doing a race car (stock car) theme and all of them have a indy style car.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    kdsmith43 said:
    I can't find anything I like, I think I am too picky. We are doing a race car (stock car) theme and all of them have a indy style car.
    I made my own last year using a vintage poster image. Maybe you can do the same with finding a poster image to use and just pop in the verbiage.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• smb+jab said:

I was too lazy to do this... found mine on etsy from someone who would print it and send envelopes.  I think I would have gone for it if our printer wasn't out of its color print cartridge.
    :\"> Honestly though, most of what's available on etsy is print at home.
    Print at home could become print at kinkos if you don't feel like running them yourself.

• Such cute ideas. I still how no clue what we are doing. No theme, no nothing. Oy.

• Here are Will's. I just got them last night, and need to print before we leave on vacation on Saturday.
    Going to try to print at a photo place like Walgreens vs me trying to battle FedEx Kinko's again. I'm just not up for that this week.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks @cheeseandrice!  All these Minnie parties were having me second guess it.  Girl loves Minnie.  Today she breastfeed and tried to kick her sister out of the RNP so Minnie could sleep there.  Oy.  But I've already put so much time (and money) into this it's not changing.  Besides I don't think she's coordinated enough to NIP if Minnie were to get hungry at her party.   ;)

• cmarie520cmarie520 member
    edited July 2014
    I took this design and reworked it in paint.net to make it my own and add a picture, but you get the general idea.  We are doing a gears theme.
    Hmmm, no idea why this picture wont' work, but when I try to edit it disappears.  Sorry that is so obnoxious. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We are having a Bubble Guppie/ Under the Sea theme for Liam. His invite will consist of a tube filled with actual gold fish crakers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"