December 2014 Moms

C-section frustration (vent)

violetsmom22violetsmom22 member
edited August 2014 in December 2014 Moms
So i'm a STM and knew that I was going to have to have a c-section to deliver my baby which I was totally fine with and understand. What is getting me down is that once I got my due date and was told by my OB that the surgery would be roughly a week before the due date I finally figured out that my baby is going to be born the day before Thanksgiving.

Which is not only going to cut out on his future birthday's because of the big family holiday around the same time every year, but now this year I feel like i'm cheating my DH and DD out of one of the best ( in our opinion) holidays of the year. Now we will probably have to have it the weekend before which I guess isn't that bad I'm just a stickler about holiday stuff especially since my mom passed last year. 

Am I just over thinking this entirely way too much? 
**update: thanks to everyone for all the encouragement, I think I was just having a bad day yesterday and was stressed out over the wonderful task of paying bills. Then adding the fact that I will be once again having major surgery just kinda put me over the edge for the day! I just got to keep thinking positive and be thankful for the new little bundle that we will get to bring home!
Violet Anna born 9/15/10!
TEAM BLUE!!! EDD: 12/3/14!!!

November siggy challenge : CELEBRATION!

Re: C-section frustration (vent)

• I think you're over thinking a tad. My old roommate has a Nov 27 birthday and she has always liked having family around on her day. My c/s will be the week of Thanksgiving as well. You can celebrate when you get home. Many of these ladies will be giving birth or in the hospital on Christmas Day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't worry too much. Holiday bdays can be fun if you do them the right way. Don't do left over turkey and pecan pie. LO will enjoy the family time, plus every bday, he/she won't have to request time off of work bc it's already a holiday!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited August 2014
    Is it possible to schedule it for just after Thanksgiving? I understand being anxious about it cutting into the holiday/family time, but you can always celebrate it a couple days before your scheduled date.

My eldest was due a few days before Christmas, and I was pretty stoked about it. But I ended up having her two weeks early. I had my youngest the day after Christmas, on Kwanzaa, which was pretty awesome.

I hope you can work something out.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• I think you are waaaay over thinking this. Having a baby at this time of year is bound to interfere with holiday plans. I am afraid that boat has sailed. Even if you schedule for after Thanksgiving, you could still go into labor on Thanksgiving day.

I also think it is a little strange that you are so worried about missing out on a single holiday celebration. You are adding a whole new person to your family! Focus on celebrating the birth of your child! I am pretty sure your new baby is a whole lot more important than a turkey dinner. Pretend you are Canadian this year and celebrate in October instead. It is a totally arbitrary date anyway.
  • Thanks ladies! I think the finality of having the actual date might have just freaked me out a bit, still a little scared even though i've been through it before. I guess i just wasn't expecting to have it already planned. 

Although I am glad that I know exactly when I need to have my hospital stuff ready! Last time my water broke a week early and I felt totally unprepared, of course it could still happen like that this time! Here's to hoping little one waits like he's supposed to lol! 
    Violet Anna born 9/15/10!
    TEAM BLUE!!! EDD: 12/3/14!!!

November siggy challenge : CELEBRATION!

• At least Thanksgiving is a different date every year.  So some years the baby's birthday will be within a day or two of Thanksgiving and other years it could be a whole week off.  Also, you know when it is scheduled and can plan accordingly.  I'm worried about LO coming on Christmas day, knowing that there is nothing that I can do about it, and that LOs birthday will always be on Christmas day.  Well, to be honest, I'm not that worried - like I said, nothing I can do about it, and I will be happy as long as the baby is healthy.
  • I was born Nov 29th and it has never been a big deal being so close to Thanksgiving. My little one will most likely be born on or around Thanksgiving or my birthday and though it isn't ideal, I'll take whatever day he decides to come!

And just remember, c-section or not, babies come when they are ready so this one may have earlier plans!
  • Thanks ladies! I think the finality of having the actual date might have just freaked me out a bit, still a little scared even though i've been through it before. I guess i just wasn't expecting to have it already planned. 

Although I am glad that I know exactly when I need to have my hospital stuff ready! Last time my water broke a week early and I felt totally unprepared, of course it could still happen like that this time! Here's to hoping little one waits like he's supposed to lol! 
    I totally understand. I am going to be having my third c-section and I am feeling the same way. As much as we get to schedule the date, we are still very much out of control of the event itself. It is a major surgery and it is totally normal to feel jittery about it. Plus, going from one kiddo to two is also a big life change. Hang in there mama! It will all be ok.
  • My Brother-in-law also has a thanksgiving birthday and he likes it. We are hoping for a thanksgiving baby because we all get together at that time once everyone goes off to college. But no csection here, just dd came two weeks early by herself so that's our only hope. Anyway, love the holiday season in general!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Can you scheduled for the day after Thanksgiving??

Im due Dec 27th and having my C-section on the 26th to try and avoid a before x-mas baby.  Obviously, I can go into labor whenever, but if I can help it ...I rather not be IN the hospital for Xmas.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My mom's bday is 11/28 (as is her twin sister's).  Turkey Day is only ON that day every 7 years (or so.. leap years?)  On the years when it does fall on that day, it's actually awesome.  She has everyone around her.. and has for her whole life.  Plus, everyone is off for a long weekend.  So, we typically have a smaller celebration during the weekend. That's the beauty of a Thursday holiday.  I'm due on Christmas.  That day never changes. 
  • My niece was born on Thanksgiving. They haven't had any problems and she's going to be 6 on Thanksgiving day this year.

BabyFruit Ticker TTC since 11/2011 Me: Hypothyroid & PCOS DH: 0% morphology IVF #1 - transfer on 4/2/14 BFP 4/11/14 beta 161 EDD: 12/19/14 It's a GIRL! AnaSophia (Sophie; Soph the Loaf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Eora3 said:
    I think you are waaaay over thinking this. Having a baby at this time of year is bound to interfere with holiday plans. I am afraid that boat has sailed. Even if you schedule for after Thanksgiving, you could still go into labor on Thanksgiving day. I also think it is a little strange that you are so worried about missing out on a single holiday celebration. You are adding a whole new person to your family! Focus on celebrating the birth of your child! I am pretty sure your new baby is a whole lot more important than a turkey dinner. Pretend you are Canadian this year and celebrate in October instead. It is a totally arbitrary date anyway.
    This x100.  You may be able to reschedule for after the holiday, but if not, its one holiday out of your & your family's life.  And sacrificing this one Thanksgiving means that you will get to share all your future Thanksgivings with a new family member.  It will be totally worth it!  You can always do Thanksgiving earlier or later if it's that important to you :)
  • What everyone else said.  Plus, my mom's birthday is Nov. 26th.  Not sure how it was for her as a kid, but it's pretty nice for her adult life.  Since it's so close to a holiday weekend we've often been able to take mini vacays to celebrate it.  Silver lining!
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• My bday is 11/25.  When I was born, it was Thanskgiving Day.  My mom always likes to tell me (as we are eating thanskgiving dinner) that she had to eat hospital turkey on the day I was born :) 

Growing up, it was awesome- We always hosted thanksgiving so my grandparents and aunts and uncles (and cousins!) always came over for the big meal and then we had cake and presents.  It was a built in birthday party. 

As I got older I still loved it.  I had normal birthday parties with friends the weekend before or after thanksgiving, and sometimes even had the day off from school. 

I really wouldn't worry about it.
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • You are overthinking this.  Be thankful for your new baby this Thanksgiving.
    BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• I would not worry about the timing. DH was born on Thanksgiving and it makes for a great story of people bringing MIL turkey while in the hospital. Since Thanksgiving is not a specific date (its just the 4th Thursday in November), your LOs bday won't always be on or right before the holiday. Just my two cents.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• "Remember that thanksgiving that we were all together at the hoapital with the new baby- blessed beyond previous thanksgivings to be sharing it with our new life and family member?...."

See, it'll be a new story to add to your book!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"