C-sections
Options

Ways to Prevent Pubic Symphysis Disfuntion in 2nd pregnancy???

HI! I just found out I'm pregnant with my second child- and my husband and I are really excited - EXCEPT, I suffered a COMPLETE pubic symphysis separation during my first child birth. I couldn't walk for weeks - I had lots of physical therapy and chiropractic visits.. and really have just finally fully recovered (15 months later). 

Has anyone else had to make adjustments during their second pregnancy to prevent Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction from happening again? I don't have a DR appointment for another week yet, so I'm just curious to hear from other mothers? Did you wear a support belt? Did you do exercises to make yourself stronger, or did you avoid exercises so that you won't strain yourself?? Did you have a c-section? 

Thanks!!!

Re: Ways to Prevent Pubic Symphysis Disfuntion in 2nd pregnancy???

• Options

I didn't have it as bad as you, but I suffered throughout my second pregnancy with pain from PSD after a vag birth with DD1.  I did end of up with a c/s due to the baby being breech, but I woudl have done vag again if I could.  Pretty much as soon as I delivered, the pain disappeared.

As we prep for TTC #3 I have been working on my Kegals, and am seeing a chiro who specializes in PSD adjustments and pregnancy care.  Hoping for a VBAC.

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options
    II only have sympathy... Mine gets worse with each pregnancy... Officially counting down the days until my c-section so my hips quit hurting for good.
    Me - J.R. - 05/1986
    DH - J.I. - 08/1986
    Married - 09/22/2006
    DD#1 - A.E. - 12/15/2009
    DD#2 - N.R. - 11/07/2011
    DD#3 - S.R. - 05/20/2013
      DS - R.E. - 10/03/2014

Absolutely in love with our 'big' family!

I'm also a proud Auntie to a crazy little girl, her brand new baby sister, a little man on his way in the next month, and a sweet little mister we will miss forever!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"