Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Best 1st b-day gift

What was the gift/toy that you are so glad/happy/amazed/thankful that your LO got for their 1st birthday?

I'm on the fence about what to get my LO as a ftm. Thanks in advance!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Best 1st b-day gift

• Options
    We bought our DD a B. Zany zoo wooden activity center, it's a little pricey but reasonable but it was the only item that we bought. She seems to enjoy all the things she can move and the animals
  • Options
    Honestly, the things DD got that she loved the most (and still plays with all the time) are her kitchen and one of those collapsible tunnel/playhouse things.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD's first birthday gifts are still around and she plays with them, but there is nothing that she had to have at a year. We only bought her books and let the grandparents spoil her last year - she doesn't know the difference.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    He's a May baby and we got him a water table. It was a perfect summer toy.

Some other ideas: a toy chest, play tent/tunnel or a wagon. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    December baby, but we got him a convertible tricycle that he would "grow into" when the weather turned nicer. He loves it, and it's we usually take it instead of the stroller for shorter walks now. I like that we'll be able to convert it to a regular trike when he gets older.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The best first birthday gift has been a zoo membership. It's a great way for me to get a walk in and DD loves the animals and the playground.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm still not sure. I guess she will be happy with whatever I get.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

SidraJedi said:
    The best first birthday gift has been a zoo membership. It's a great way for me to get a walk in and DD loves the animals and the playground.
    This is a great idea. Kids museums, aquariums, etc. are all great gift ideas for a little one!

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options

We got a Fisher Price 3 in 1 push-n-scoot that DS still loves https://www.toysrus.com/buy/push-pedal-riding-toys/fisher-price-3-in-1-push-n-scoot-8285-13075571. When he was younger (closer to a year), he loved being pushed around the house on it, and as he was learning to walk, he liked to push it around.  Now he likes to store his cars in the seat and push them to wherever he goes.   I recently bought this for my 1 year old niece. 

He also loves his water table (which he didn't use until he was about 18 months just because of weather/timing), and this Kidoozie Fun Time tractor https://www.amazon.com/Kidoozie-G02033-Funtime-Tractor/dp/B000063JQJ 

Those were all gifts given to us by others.  I got him a Radio Flyer wagon for his birthday, which is practical for us.  A gift membership to a zoo or local kids museum is also great (we ask for those for Christmas from relatives). 

• Options
    DS2 got an Anywhere Chair for his 1st birthday and it has gotten so much use since then.  He'll still fit in it for a few years and he uses it to "read" books, watch a cartoon, climb all over, etc.  I honestly can't remember a single toy he got because he's not a toy kid and never really played with anything he was gifted.  
  • Options
    water table! 
  • Options
    Toddler slide has been T's favorite. He also loves his firetruck and "ride on" big truck but he is just now learning to use his legs and move it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Dd loved the kid kraft retro play kitchen we got her and she still plays with it every day. We also got her a pottery barn anywhere chair and while it's not something she plays with she does use it every day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got DS quite a few smaller things like some Little People stuff and some learn and play things (a puzzle, the Fisher Price dog, books). By far the thing he played with the most right away was this house that my grandparents' got him: https://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brands/laughandlearn/products/30446. He played all around with that thing and I am betting he will again at 20 months when we get it out of storage (we were moving and in temporary housing without enough room for it).

Like others said, much of what he got for his birthday (and Christmas just over a month later) did not get a lot of real use at the time, but over time, he plays with more and more.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"