Single Parents
Options

Anybody else find this weird?

I have two or three friends that made Facebook profiles for their children.  All of the kids are under 4 years of age.

I don't get it... Doesn't Facebook require you be over 13 to use?  Do people not understand why?  I can see wanting to tag your child so that later in life they can go back and be like "omg, that's me as a baby!" but... I go back a couple years and there is a TON of shit that I posted that I don't see.  Facebook just shows me the highlights.  So, people who posted to my wall in 2009, sorry, but I just don't see your post because Facebook didn't think it was enough of a highlight back then.

Also, why aren't they concerned about how much of their (and their child's!) information is on the internet?!  I feel like I have to figure out what their deal is... Maybe it's just because I'm on lockdown so BD doesn't see her without contacting me first.  I don't know. It's so weird to me that I can't concentrate on anything else at the moment... 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Anybody else find this weird?

• Options
    I know someoe who made a facebook page for their cat. So i dont get it
  • Options
    I used to have a blog. It actually got fairly popular over time. I started it when I was pregnant with DD and I quit posting in February. The domain is set to expire next month and I'm not renewing it. A friend of mine started getting sexual comments on her blog from a random dude about her five year old. After that...I'm fine with posting pics of my DD on Facebook and Instagram where i keep them on lockdown, but not blogging. I even have mixed feelings about having pics of her here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pictures, location tags, stuff like that.
  • Options
    BD's mom asked me one time if she could send in DD's picture for a magazine photo contest.  Even that makes me weirded out.  I don't know why.
  • Options
    That is very odd. I would not do it.
  • Options
    Im not planning on setting up social media for bentley. But i want to teach him to use social media correctly
  • Options
    Yeah. That's weird. One of my friends deleted a girl for making a page for her daughter... In utero.
  • Options
    ladyoriza said:

Yeah. That's weird. One of my friends deleted a girl for making a page for her daughter... In utero.

Wair. What? That crosses the line of weird into crazy
  • Options
    Um, yeah, I have to agree. Who the fuck sets up a profile for a fetus?!
  • Options

I have an email address for my son, and I'll email him photos of himself or stories about stuff he did, as well as little love letters from me. My parents and sisters have the address too, and will send him stuff. I like it because it's private, not blasted all over Facebook.

See thats different, its an email account, not a facebook. Facebook wont doccument everything forevef
  • Options
    I have one friend that has a Facebook page for her son. I never really thought anything about it until I became pregnant. I personally wouldn't do it. She doesn't post many pictures under his name nor does she tag him in pics that she posts so I don't really understand the logic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Facebook brings out the funnies for me. My cousins wife was extremely firm on nobody posting pics of her kids on Facebook when her first was born. LIKE EVER. Now she's got a FB and posts pics of them all the time. FTM probs?

Another friend thought it ridiculous people make PROFILES for their pets. Then, she made one. I can see pages or whatever I guess, but profiles is ridiculous...and for children...no thanks. I post pics of E all the time, but it's because my 80 something year old grandma in Florida goes on daily and adores all the updates and seeing pics of her. I also have a blog for E that is locked but I don't update it often and my grandma can't navigate to it.

What cracks me up is the people who have joint profiles with their husbands and wives. Kills me.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    eg214 said:

Facebook brings out the funnies for me. My cousins wife was extremely firm on nobody posting pics of her kids on Facebook when her first was born. LIKE EVER. Now she's got a FB and posts pics of them all the time. FTM probs?

Another friend thought it ridiculous people make PROFILES for their pets. Then, she made one. I can see pages or whatever I guess, but profiles is ridiculous...and for children...no thanks. I post pics of E all the time, but it's because my 80 something year old grandma in Florida goes on daily and adores all the updates and seeing pics of her. I also have a blog for E that is locked but I don't update it often and my grandma can't navigate to it.

What cracks me up is the people who have joint profiles with their husbands and wives. Kills me.
    I love the hubby/wife fb account. Perfect way to keep tabs in an unhealthy relationship filled with insecurity. I would totally want that (maybe should see my therapist about it lol)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"