Parenting
Options

Stay at Home Moms

Hey Super Moms!

So, my husband and I are getting closer to wanting to have a baby. While we are childless, I work only very few hours during the week leaving lots of time to do house hold chores. When the baby comes we have already decided that I will stay home.  But my question is:...... Do you, as a stay at home mom, have a house keeper?......This might sound crazy but I am not sure I can handle a baby 24/7 and manage to keep the house clean!

Re: Stay at Home Moms

• Options
    I'm a SAHM and have someone come every 2 weeks to clean. I probably *could* find time to clean but frankly, I don't enjoy it and would rather pay someone else to do it. If you can afford it, go for it! And if it would be a financial stretch, it's not a big to let a few things go when you're having a bad day, or to have your husband help out in the evenings/weekends or whenever he's not at work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My sister stays home and has a cleaning lady every two weeks. Her house is big. Have a baby first then decide!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you can afford it go for it. I hate cleaning, but love a clean house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you all for the non-judgmental answers :) I have a feeling I will end up asking my husband if it is alright if we hire someone. Main reason being that  even right now while we do not have children, I barely have any help around the house, as my husband is usually gone 12-14 hours per day and travels occasionally. I feel more sorry for him having to work so much than me having to do house chores :) I can do it now, just don't think I could do it and still be sane with kids
  • Options
    I stay at home and have someone clean every other week. I try to keep things as clean as possible, but stuff gets in the way. I can keep the laundry done, kitchen clean, etc (sometimes), but bigger cleanings get put off and put off or not done.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    I work part time and wish I had a housekeeper because I hate that right now I feel like I am often saying things like "let mommy do XYZ then I can play with you".  And you know that one thing leads to another so the 10 minutes to clean the bathroom and all of a sudden its been an hour of tidying while the LO is waiting to play,
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I haven't daydreamed about having a housekeeper for a while... God, that would be nice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd have one in a heartbeat if we could afford it on one salary, but we can't. So my house is a wreck.
  • Options
    I have a cleaning service out to deep clean the kitchen, bathrooms & floors about once a month.

I do the regular housekeeping just fine though. I baby wore when DS was smaller & once he got mobile I'd do one chore in between play sessions/coloring/music or whatever.

So the laundry can go while you romp with the kids. Stick your food in the oven or the crock pot. Let it simmer on the stove.

My kids rarely nap anymore though (they are energizer bunnies & night owls). Right now my son passed out on me but my daughter is still going.

Some days are better than others, but I love having the service once a month. I do the bathrooms etc every weekend but having that deep clean (with no interruptions) is wonderful.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would if we could afford it, if I go back to work I'm getting one for sure.  

2 Beautiful Boys 11.7.03 & 4.23.13
  • Options

Thank you all for the non-judgmental answers :) I have a feeling I will end up asking my husband if it is alright if we hire someone. Main reason being that  even right now while we do not have children, I barely have any help around the house, as my husband is usually gone 12-14 hours per day and travels occasionally. I feel more sorry for him having to work so much than me having to do house chores :) I can do it now, just don't think I could do it and still be sane with kids

I am a SAHM. Have been for 5.5 years. No I'm not a super mom. But you mentioned not getting help from your husband, that he's gone 12-14 hours and travels.
    As the SAHM I feel that house/kids/meals are MY job. Does my husband help me when he's able? ABSOLUTELY. But I'd never say my house isn't clean because my husband doesn't help me. He works hard at his job.
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I stay home with a toddler. Our house is never clean except for now... but that's only because the movers haven't arrived with all of our stuff yet. Once it's here, I fully expect the new place to be messy too! I really want to hire someone to come in every couple of weeks to do the real cleaning!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ok I will make DH call and ask for a quote, I didn't know that was a thing. I am embarrassingly nouveau gift card rich.
    And I don't do phone calls.

Quote and/or think of problem areas you want done and they may just give you an hourly rate for how long it takes.

I used to work for a cleaning service.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I fricking wish!!!
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    It's funny, when I had a newborn, I had no time to do anything. Then suddenly she became mobile, and I REALLY had no time to do anything. Then she got faster, and I REALLY REALLY have no time to do anything else.

So you may be able to handle more/less housework depending on your baby's age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not a SAHM, so not a super mom... But I am currently trying to get DH on board with hiring someone to come in every two weeks and clean. I just can't keep up with it, nor do I want to.

If you can afford it I would do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"