March 2012 Moms
Options

Another Potty Training Question

We've been working on potty training this week.  It's going ok - we haven't had many accidents, but I've been reminding her to go on the potty, she hasn't been initiating potty trips.  We're still putting her in pull-ups for naps and nighttime (because we will not get anywhere if she's overtired...) but the rest of the time she's been going naked.  DH and I are having a disagreement, though.  We live about 30 minutes from town (at least a town with anything in it) and I really need to go into town to pick up a few things.  DH says I should put DD in a pull-up for the drive so that she doesn't wet the car seat, but I've heard and read that once you say goodbye to diapers/pull-ups you shouldn't use them again except when they're sleeping.  So what would you do when taking your unreliably potty-trained toddler into town?  Put her in a pull up and change once you get there or just wear big girl panties and deal with any accidents?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another Potty Training Question

• Options
    I agree with @mrscjmb9410‌. Make her go right before you leave the house, and then once you get there. Also take extra clothes just in case!
    My dd was like yours when we went full steam into potty training she just ran around naked and I would take her into the bathroom every hour to every hour and a half. My dd is going through her no phase so She still doesn't self initiate going to the potty by herself. I just make her go when I go, which is quite often.
    Sounds like you are doing good, keep it up!
  • Options
    Thanks!  That's what I was thinking!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put K in pull ups if I knew we were going somewhere where she would have to "hold it"-otherwise Id make sure she went potty right before we left and that she didn't drink too much fluid in the past hr.
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"