December 2012 Moms

Any LOs in a funky mood lately?

LO is just not himself, extra clingly, refusing to nap (which is normal for me but not for SO), staying up for nearly 2 hours in his crib some nights and crying every other bite of food he takes which may or may not be related to the sleep, it just started today. Is there a sleep regression around this age or something? 

I checked his mouth and didn't see any cuts or sores or poking teeth, if he keeps doing it I'll make him a doc appointment just because eating seems to really be bothering him. He cried hysterically while trying to eat his banana.

Just curious if any other LO's are going through something similar with the sleep.

Re: Any LOs in a funky mood lately?

• We had a rough week last week. Refusing to eat anything, crappy naps, extra clingy, etc. It was seriously one of the hardest weeks. Never really figured out what was wrong, but it seems to have passed now - thankfully!
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Going through something similar right now minus the food/eating issues. He'll still eat but prefers to take a few bites, then wanders off, then comes back for a few more bites. Our whole family sort of grazes throughout the day anyway so its not crazy that he's picked up our pattern at home. Still, very clingy, fussy, horrible sleeping in general, very moody.
    There's a lot going on in our house right now though that he may be picking up on. 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • DD seems to be having either awful or awesome days lately.  One day she throws a tantrum about everything, then the next day she's happy as can be.  She's been crying sometimes while eating and saying "teeth," but I don't know if she's accidentally biting her tongue/cheek, or if her teeth actually hurt.  She won't let me look in there, so who knows...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just learned something new the other day.  When lo's are teething often times foods that they eat taste salty, I'm assuming because of the blood from the teeth cutting or extra saliva.  So maybe the lack of wanting to chew isn't mainly because of pain, but also because the food has a salty taste that are lo's are liking. 
  • Iubire135 said:
    DD is definitely having more tantrums lately. She is waking up before 6AM every morning the last couple weeks which prompted DH and I to try putting up blackout panels behind her blinds and blackout curtains to see if that helps in the morning... :P Her naps though have been extremely long. Like 3 hours today. I think she is making up for the early waking with a long nap. We've been having to push her bedtime back a half hour or so cause she is just way too awake still at normal time cause of the long naps. Food is hit or miss as it has been. Some meals she eats great and others she won't eat anything. She has developed a taste for caramelized onions and sauerkraut lately which is a little wierd...

If it helps, Ainsley was doing the same thing, getting up super early and then either taking one really long nap or two shorter naps there for awhile. As much as I hated to do it, I finally started waking her up after two hours, or I only let her have a very short (15 or 20 minute) second nap if she really needed it. However it works out, I don't let her sleep longer than two hours during the day. She is now back to waking up at a much more reasonable hour and she is much, much happier during the day. I know they always say never wake a sleeping baby, but in our case, it is definitely working!
  • Iubire135 said:
    DD is definitely having more tantrums lately. She is waking up before 6AM every morning the last couple weeks which prompted DH and I to try putting up blackout panels behind her blinds and blackout curtains to see if that helps in the morning... :P Her naps though have been extremely long. Like 3 hours today. I think she is making up for the early waking with a long nap. We've been having to push her bedtime back a half hour or so cause she is just way too awake still at normal time cause of the long naps. Food is hit or miss as it has been. Some meals she eats great and others she won't eat anything. She has developed a taste for caramelized onions and sauerkraut lately which is a little wierd...
    LO is in almost the opposite situation, he's sleeping in until like 9/930 and then refusing to nap because he slept too late. So all day I deal with an emotional sleepy boy who doesn't want to nap. I'll have to start waking him up around 8, that's his usual wake up time because I don't want to cut out his nap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"