Baby Showers
Options

Shower Gift Etiquette Question

Quick etiquette question (and just because I am curious...sadly, no baby showers coming up): 

If you are invited to a shower, but cannot attend, do you still buy a gift? 

In the past, if I have received an invite I typically send a gift if I cannot attend--even if it is just something small.  Just looking to see what most people typically do and if it is a regional thing (I am from New England). Thanks for satisfying my curiosity! 

~*~
Together since 03/27/2007
Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
DD born 09/21/2014

image image 

Re: Shower Gift Etiquette Question

• Options
    VORVOR member
    No I don't send a gift if I can't attend a shower.
  • Options
    I wouldn't unless it were someone I'd give a gift to anyway.  With that being said, my shower is Saturday and I've had three people bring gifts by because they wouldn't be able to attend.  I live in the midwest -- not sure if that has anything to do with it.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. The only time I don't send a gift if I can't attend is if its a co-worker or someone I'm not close to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RibbitGrl930RibbitGrl930 member
    edited August 2014
    I'm like the others- i'd only send a gift if it was somebody I would be buying a gift ifor anyway.

• Options
    I would send a gift and hopefully I'm not invited if I'm not very close with them. I'm in the south FWIW

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm West Coast- I have never been invited to a shower by someone whom I was not close to so I have always sent a gift if I could not make it. Usually I will either send the gift with another friend or give the same friend cash and we do a joint gift. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"