Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Which vitamins r u taking?!

Just read the article about various vitamins to be taking while ttc... There was a lot more then I thought there were. I'm currently taking a prenatal with frolic acid and wondering if I should take some of the others listed. What vitamins are u taking?!?

Re: Which vitamins r u taking?!

• Options
    Haha stupid auto correct!
  • Options
    elwing6284elwing6284 member
    edited August 2014
    Garden of Life Kind organics prenatal, krill oil, nettle leaf iced tea, probiotics that I should probably switch to something pregnancy friendly. Raspberry leaf tea when I feel like it. We are also eating a clean diet.

ETA: These are things I take and do normally, not something special I am doing to conceive.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Prenatal gummies

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• Options
    Rainbow lite vitamins as they have never made me sick.
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thorne prenatals. They are reported to be better for folks with +MTHFR, but I honestly don't know if they are doing jack squat. If I take these without substantial food, I throw up within 20 minutes. They are powerful buggers.

TTC since Sept. 2013
    09/14: New anterior 3cm Fibroid on U/S, no change in size 11/14
    10/14: SA normal
    12/14: next RE appointment - cancelled due to BFP
    BFP on 11/21/14, EDD 08/03/15

• Options
    Prenatal gummies
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• Options
    prena plus (prenatal vitamin) or something similarly named to that from my Dr.
  • Options
    fish oil- for omega-3 and helps IBS
    Vit D- because I live in England and have darker skin
    B complex- history of folate deficiency and help cognition
    5-HTP- precursor to serotonin, taking to treat fibro instead of SSRI

I used to take more things but have experimented to simplify and this combo seems to be working atm
  • Options
    Rainbow Light - Prenantal One Food Based Multivitamin

I never take vitamins because they make my feel like my stomach is tying knots around itself, so I had to choose wisely. I read a lot of reviews and these seemed like they would be best for me.  Still, these made me feel like I had acid reflex for the first two days. As long as I eat a decent sized breakfast before taking them I feel fine. I'm also taking baby aspirin.

Oh and whatever you do DO NOT smell these bad boys.... instant nausea.  
  • Options
    I use the Target brand PNVs

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    cstuart07 said:

I've got Vitafusion gummies and have tried Rainbow Lite prenatals, but I prefer gummies to swallowing giant pills.

The rainbow lite pills are on the larger size. You'll have to be able to swallow pills!
    I was curious about the gummies but I wasn't sure about the taste. How are they?
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I take a food-based women's multivitamin and omega 3s & folate (both food-based). I order them from numedica.
  • Options
    I take rainbow light prenatal. :) good so far. And easy on the tummy. I'm looking into taking fertilaid recommended by my sister who also has PCOS and infertility issues but I am taking the info to my RE before I start taking it.
  • Options
    Nature Made PNV with DHA and folic acid. I buy the giant bottle from Costco.
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Options
    I take Rainbow Light Prenatals. I chose that brand because they were the only vegan prenatals I could find. I take it after breakfast and have never gotten an upset stomach because of it.
    August TTGP Siggy Challenge: Favorite Childhood Cartoon
  • Options
    I took Prenatal VitaFusion Gummies while pregnant and still am.
    Even though, I buy the ones from Target now unless the VitaFusion ones are on sale, because money.

• Options
    I take folic acid, b6, evening primrose oil (only until ovulation) and zinc.
  • Options
    I take a women's multi vitamin with DHA and omega3, and a folate supplement.
  • Options
    I take Garden of life Prenatal and Nordic Natural Complete Omega. I just found a Garden of Life organic Prenatal multi so I will probably start taking those once I'm finished with my current bottle
  • Options
    Multi with folic acid
    Probiotic
    Vitamin B6
    Vitamin D
    Magnesium (Calm powder)
    Omega 3

B6 and magnesium will also help with morning sickness once you are pregnant. I take vitamin D in addition to what's in my multi because I'm usually low on it. I love the Calm brand of magnesium powder and drink it every night. It helps me get to sleep.
  • Options
    kerris713 said:

I take Garden of life Prenatal and Nordic Natural Complete Omega. I just found a Garden of Life organic Prenatal multi so I will probably start taking those once I'm finished with my current bottle

Those are awesome brands if anyone isn't sure which ones to get.
  • Options

emilie818 said:
    Those are awesome brands if anyone isn't sure which ones to get.
    Seconding this.  I take Garden of Life Raw Prenatal and Nordic Naturals DHA (I tried the regular Omega Nordic Naturals, but they kept me up at night).  I also take Solgar brand methylfolate because I am MTHFR++.  On the days where I forget to take vitamins I am noticeably more sluggish so I think they help!
    JFC, please don't bump any more prenatal threads.  There will be more for you to answer, I promise. 

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• Options
    I use triveen, its a script. Meijer fills pnv scripts for free.
  • Options
    For the PNV's that you all are on, which of them have Iron in them? I have been on PNV's for several years now, even though I wasn't TTC, to help supplement my vegetarian diet, along with keep on top of my anemia. I have been taking the Target brand vitamins, and was wondering if there are better options out there? Over the years of looking, I have noticed that most multi-vtiamins and PNV's do not have iron in them though..
  • Options
    I am taking the prenatal by Nestlé
  • Options
    ruby0710ruby0710 member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    I'm doing Vitamin Code's Raw Prenatal. I've got a pretty sensitive stomach and these guys have been great. The one thing I'd recommend... don't breath in while your taking them. They have a very strong powdery smell. I usually take them with a flavored beverage (orange juice or milk) so that I can't smell them. And I always make sure I've put something in my stomach beforehand, though I've never had an issue with nausea... it's just what I've always done with pills.

I'm also looking at taking Nordic Naturals Complete Omega. They are one of the cleanest fish oil brands on the market. I used to take them prior to TTC, but stopped because my doctor is a Nervous Nelly and told me not to do any fish oil prior to and during pregnancy. Now, I've done a lot of research (including reading medical journals) and found nothing to substantiate her claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"