December 2014 Moms

Can't announce it on Facebook yet.

I was warned not to share on Facebook the sex until we told all of the close family. Anyway we had an awesome day today! I took a vacation day and we went golfing, then had the ultrasound, and then dinner at the melting pot to celebrate our two year wedding anniversary! I am on cloud 9 right now and can't wait to start the planning. It is a girl!

Re: Can't announce it on Facebook yet.

• I was warned not to share on Facebook the sex until we told all of the close family. Anyway we had an awesome day today! I took a vacation day and we went golfing, then had the ultrasound, and then dinner at the melting pot to celebrate our two year wedding anniversary! I am on cloud 9 right now and can't wait to start the planning. It is a girl!
    So what is the plan on telling close family?  Ours got phone calls or texts.  We had it announced on facebook definitely within 24 hours of knowing. 

Test
  • Also... I see that you are relatively newer based on your discussion and comment history.  So welcome and congrats!

Test
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the healthy girl! We had to wait 2 weeks to announce publicly! It was hard, but all 4 sets of MHs and my parents live in our area, and it took a while to make the rounds. We had an elective us so no one expected the news. I would have felt like a big jerk if one parent didn't find out in person, so it was worth it to wait. What are you doing to announce - family and Facebook?

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• I called my mom and sisters already so I am just going to wait a day or two to post on Facebook. I have already made everyone wait since the DH got laid off the day before I was suppose to originally have the ultrasound so I had to postpone it until we were on my companies insurance. Just want to appease the aunts.
  • Congratulations!

We told close relatives when we found out at 11 weeks. I announced it in a roundabout way in a FB post.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• I had a cute plan to send my mom and his mom a surprise in the mail to announce because it is the first girl on both sides. Everyone thinks our a/s is this Friday but we rescheduled it for last Friday and didn't say anything. I found out last night that my mom and little sister were hopping on a plane this morning to visit my little brother. So they will find out via FaceTime tomorrow and then I will call my other 2 sisters. I dropped the announcement in the mail to my MIL and SIL this morning and after they get it my husband will call his dad and brother and then finally I will be able to announce it on FB hopefully by Friday when people are going to start asking about it. It all got way more complicated than it was supposed to be!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"