Baby Showers

Registering

Ok, so we just found out we are having a boy and I want to start registering for baby stuff.  What are the best places?  I had too many problems at Target with gift exchanges and I do not want that to happen again :)  Any opinions?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Re: Registering

• I like babiesrus.com registry, I have also read of others using amazon.com as it allows you to register at multiple places but all under one registry. Good luck!
  • I'm doing BRU and Amazon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Baby Depot, Target, BRU, Walmart...  I had great luck with Target, but I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with them.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I registered at BRU. They were pretty good about exchanging things as long as it was on my regisrty. I suggest if you get anything at your shower that you want to return or exchange to go online and add it to your registry before you go to the store and you shouldn't have a problem.
  • I used Target & BRU. Target is a pain but the closest BRU is 40 minutes away....I wanted to give some of the older people a choice of shopping in a store that was close to them...
  • Not sure if there is one in your area, but we will most likely register at Buy Buy Baby. I've visited both BRU and BBB in the past few weeks and BBB has a better selection by far.

One thing I do like about BRU though is that they put pressure of their manufacturers to do more third party testing so If I were registering for furniture or lots of stuff made in China I'd feel a little safer at BRU. However, even their newer, multi level Manhattan store doesn't have the variety that BBB has. (and it often smells like a dirty diaper)

• We did BRU and Amazon
  • haven't registered yet but potterybarn kids and jc penney are other options...
  • I registered at Target and BRU.
  • My husband and i decided not to register anywhere. The only things you really NEED are a crib, diapers, onesies, wipes and maybe some burping cloths. Everything else is completely unnecessary for a newborn.

We decided to have a "Welcome to the world" party after the baby is born. The idea of a shower as basically being a "present party" is kinda tacky, and we didn't do one for our wedding either.

Good luck wth your showers, but maybe you should think about what things you really NEED and what things people tell you "omg you just have to have this!"...there's usually a very big difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"