January 2014 Moms
Options

LO losing hair?

Is your baby losing their hair as bad as mine? She was born with a mop of hair and, although she still has a lot of hair, she's thinning. When I bring her into bed to nurse, I put a burp cloth beneath her head....there is a bunch of hair on it. DS didn't have as much hair as she has, so I never really noticed his hair loss. Poor Rogain baby!

Pic of her hair at birth:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: LO losing hair?

• Options
    Both of my kids were born with a full head of dark hair, and both of them started turning blonde around 6 months. The falling out/new growth makes for some unfortunate looks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image   image   image

• Options

EJ's is starting to grow back now. He had tons at birth, but it thinned out as his head grew. He also had that bald strip they get from rubbing their heads against the mattress.

This. The bald spot is almost gone and I'm so happy about that!!

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Isaac had some short hair when he was born. Then at a month old he lost it and was rocking the Costanza for a while before the rest fell out. Now he has an even coating of very light peach fuzz so I think he will be a blonde like Lincoln.

Hair goes through growth cycles so I wouldn't be too concerned. I may call and ask my pedi just to be safe if it is coming out in clumps.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @MiaMyPuggle‌ is that a hospital bed she is in?

To answer your question only a small round spot Ib the back of her head where she lays on her back.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    Just joking.... I just read the caption "pic of her at birth" so that answers my question ;)
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    He lost hair from birth until about 6 weeks, but then it started to grow back.

My mother's friend's daughter lost all of her hair somewhere around 8-9 months and then it grew back in platinum blonde. But it was jet black in all of her newborn and young infant pictures. Such a strange phenomenon.
  • Options
    DS's hasn't lost any hair and is in need of his second haircut!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
  • Options
    DD had very little at birth and it's been slowly filling in. I had 2 friends whose babies were born with a full head of hair but didn't have much by the time they were 9 months. What hair there was looked like @n8andelismom‌ DD, just a little patch on top.

@n8andelismom‌ I love the little pigtails!
  • Options
    DS lost all his hair by 3 months (I mean a complete cue ball look) and it grew back in by 1 year.  DD has yet to loose much except for a little spot on the back where she rubs it on her mattress. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"