Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Does anyone else have/use the Snuza (Hero)?

We just got ours two days ago and have been using it for the last two nights. I love it! We got the Snuza Hero, the one that vibrates and rouses baby before sounding an alarm because it has detected irregular or intermittent breathing/movement. What an amazing product! It definitely works! I love that I can look over at LO and see it working (little green blinking light you can see through her jammies)! We did wake up with a blinking red light this AM though, which was a scary, but at least I know its doing it's job. LO was stirring a few times during the night and I believe it was due to the snuza going into arousal mode and vibrating on her tummy to rouse her. If you don't Have one, get one! Best 100$ I have ever spent! 

Does anyone else have one? What do you think of it? What has been your experience?

Re: Does anyone else have/use the Snuza (Hero)?

• flclflcl member
    Glad to hear that you're liking your snuza so much.  We hated it... we only had false alarms with it.  It was so frustrating working so hard to get LO down only to have him woken up by the false alarm.  We ended up returning it and getting our money.
  • @flcl

Wow! I can't believe you hated it so much! We haven't had any false alarms, but we did just get it a few days ago. I have been using it at night, for nap time and also when she is in the carseat in the back seat. I am seriously loving it so far, I hope my experience stays positive, because I am definitely getting peace of mind from the darn thing! Maybe your false alarms were due to loose diapers, or it getting too wet and then sagging.. I have read about that happening!

• Loading the player...
  • We have one and love it, I sleep so much better at nigh! I used it with dd for almost a year and an using it with our week old DS now too. We had a few false alarms with dd, but not many and for me it was worth those few for the piece of mind it gave me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jenn43jenn43 member
    We used ours until LO was about 8 weeks old. At that point he started moving around so much that he would push it off his diaper and it would alarm.
  • I love it but have had false alarms. Luckily LO can sleep through them. Last night somehow is got dislodged and was poking him in the back... Not fun! I still swear by it though. He now sleeps for 6 hours and if it's not on I can't sleep for more than a few hours without checking on him (I'm nuts!).
  • We use the Snuza Hero for our 11 week old twins (they were preemies - their adjusted age is only 5 weeks).  We love the Snuza!!  Our daughter had bradycardia in the NICU, so we were especially concerned that she would stop breathing in the night.  We had false alarms the first few nights, due to user error in not attaching them well enough to their diapers.  It really helped to fold over the top of their diapers so that there was more for the Snuza to attach to. 

TTC since July 2011

Me(33): normal HSG; diagnosed with mild PCOS

DH(35): normal SA

*6 cycles no meds, July-Dec. 2011, all BFN

*Clomid for 3 cycles, Jan-March 2011: BFP March 2011

*MC at 6 weeks

*2 cycles off

*Started TTC again July 2012 with Clomid, 6 cycles from July-Dec. 2012, all BFN

*1 cycle no meds: BFN

*1 cycle Femara: BFN

*1st RE visit March 2013 - first IUI in April 2013 with Femara, Menopur, and Novarel (BFN); second IUI in May 2013, same protocol (BFN); two cycle break;  third IUI in August 2013, same protocol (BFN)

*1st IVF cycle, October 2013 (Synarel, Menopur (75 iu), and Gonal-F (150 iu)) -- BFP!!  Saw two babies at our 5wk5d u/s on Oct. 28th!  EDD=June 25, 2014

• I want one for my preemie,but now that I know it goes on the diaper I'm a bit concerned, my son is only 3 lbs 10 oz he doesn't have much of a waist or a big diaper to attach it to. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"