December 2014 Moms
Options

Camera Advice

So the husband and I are looking to get a new digital camera for when LO arrives. (We have heard too many stories of people keeping pics on their phones and then losing them all) We are looking for some input for which cameras out there everyone is using and really likes. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Camera Advice

• Options
    @gradschoolmom1234‌ the video on my 3200 kind of sucks. It searches for focus and makes the focus noise during the video. So lame. But amazing pics! I use my phone for video and camera for pics.

Before I upgraded to DSLR I had a Canon, the highest level point and shoot. It was really nice but I wanted the option for Lenses and stuff. Video on that was great! So depends what you are looking for OP
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    My only advice would be if you are upgrading from a P&S to a DSLR that you purchase it NOW and practice, practice, practice.  There is a huge learning curve and you want to have the best pictures of your new little addition.

I had made the switch a couple months before having my DD and then after two years of photographing her the difference between my shots of DD and DS were night and day.
    December 2014 November Siggy Challenge: How I Feel in Third Tri

Mom to DD(4), DS(2) and # 3 Due 12/14/14

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@nesenotes‌ oh thanks for the heads up. We had been seriously considering upgrading...

Maybe someone else knows a trick to have that not happen? IDK... I guess if you take it off Autofocus it wouldn't search and turn off the motor, but then you would have to manual focus the whole video. First World problems lol. I actually didn't think about what I was going to do D day!! I guess pics will do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    I don't like how huge a DSLR is, plus I don't have any real photography experience so I found the Sony Nex 7 to be the best of both worlds. It's a smaller camera but packs a great punch in clear photos. It also shoots video in HD. I'd highly recommend it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have an older model of a Canon Rebel XS that a professional photographer friend of mine recommended as a beginner DSLR. I've had it almost 4 years and I absolutely love it, it's pretty easy to figure out even if you don't have a photography background

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    courtd2courtd2 member
    edited August 2014
    I have the canon rebel t3i. I absolutely love it!! I have been practicing for more "professional" looking shots. Husband and I refuse to pay someone else to take our photo's.

It's a very easy camera to learn with. 
    first time mom
    BOY  07/12/14
  • Options
    I use a sony nex-6 it's small but you can change lenses which is nice. I shoot and sell my photography so having a small camera I can travel with is great.
  • Options
    soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited August 2014
    Depends on what you're looking for and your needs. What specs you want and all that jazz. You can't go wrong with the big brands, Nikon and Canon. It's just a matter of preference. I suggest visiting a store that carries both and get a sense for how they feel in your hands. I was a photography some years ago, and I made the switch to Nikon D50 and then D90. I also used a Leica D-Lux5, which I absolutely loved as a high end point and shoot. I'm a Nikon girl. I love Nikon build, glass, color and the way they feel in my hands.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Glad this thread came up! DH will be gone 8-9 months next year and we plan on getting a camera so I can document while he's gone.  :)
    BFP #1 - 12.25.13 // MMC - 01.23.14
    BFP #2 - 03.27.14 // EDD - 12.07.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"