3rd Trimester

2nd tri A/S- echogenic bowel. Any good outcomes from 3rd tri?

Hi there,

Visiting from 2nd tri.  I had my 18 week A/S yesterday and everything looks good except they found a choroid plexus cyst, which both they and I am not that concerned about.  But they also found that she has a bright, or echogenic bowel.  I had the Harmony test which came back all clear, and am not a carrier for cystic fibrosis.  They took blood to test for the virus CMV which I never heard of.  This is the one that worries me the most.  The doctor didn't seem concerned and my blood results will be in next week but I'm just curious to see if anyone else had this at their 2nd tri scan, and the outcome.  Thank you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 2nd tri A/S- echogenic bowel. Any good outcomes from 3rd tri?

• If dr didn't seem concerned, I wouldn't be. Best of luck!

• I didn't have that, but with my DD, they found 5 soft markers at my A/S. My then-doc told me that she would not make it to childbirth. We went to a high-risk place and had the amnio done. The amnio came back fine.

My asshole former doctor still said that my DD must have something wrong with her because 5 soft markers are not common.

She came out perfect and screaming her head off. And I dumped the doc.

It is scary, the what ifs will get into your head, do not go near google and if your doc is not concerned, try to follow suit. Two soft markers are pretty common and the Materniti test is a pretty useful tool.

Hugs hon, I know this is stressful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't have that, but with my DD, they found 5 soft markers at my A/S. My then-doc told me that she would not make it to childbirth. We went to a high-risk place and had the amnio done. The amnio came back fine.

My asshole former doctor still said that my DD must have something wrong with her because 5 soft markers are not common.

She came out perfect and screaming her head off. And I dumped the doc.

It is scary, the what ifs will get into your head, do not go near google and if your doc is not concerned, try to follow suit. Two soft markers are pretty common and the Materniti test is a pretty useful tool.

Hugs hon, I know this is stressful.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.  Yes, google is the enemy.  I spoke to my doctor and she is really not concerned at all, and a few blood tests for infections came back negative, so I'm feeling much better now.  Thank you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"