August 2014 Moms
Options

Today's my due date and I'm second-guessing my body

This is my second pregnancy and since I had such a confusing labor with my first I'm feeling really anxious lately. Today's my due date.. ugh. I so thought I would go earlier this time around. I was 40+6 last time.
My first labor started with 2 days of really inconsistent back labor. First it was just a nagging pain, and I actually thought I had kidney stones or something wrong with me.
Then the pain changed to definite beginnings and ends with a peak, very contraction like. I was finally convinced by my nurse midwife that this was early labor.
Then they would just stop for hours.
The morning that my midwives scheduled me to go have my water broken at the hospital, I had had the awful back contractions all night but felt totally fine by morning.
I had my water broken at 7am but didn't begin active labor for hours. By 2pm I was finally in active labor and I had my baby girl by 11pm.
I have no idea what to expect this time around. Would labor have just started naturally had my water not manually been broken? Do I NEED to have my water broken to move things along?
I feel so anxious waiting for it to begin.. will it be front or back contractions?
AHHHHH!
Anyone else have a very unpredictable first labor? How did your second compare?

Re: Today's my due date and I'm second-guessing my body

• Options
    Don't you hate the uncertainty? My second was induced and when I went in to start the induction they told me I was having contractions. I didn't even realize that's what was happening.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, you guys really have too much time on your hands. Grow up and stop internet bullying other women. My use of the word "retarded" was not in a negative connotation in regards to anyone's handicap, mental illness or anything of that nature. If you choose to be offended in a completely unrelated way by someone using a word (a word!) then that's truly your own problem.
    Sticks and stones, right?
    This actually just comes right back to my main point in which I felt so passionate about that I USED the word; which is that there are many posters on this website that disclude and belittle new posters in an effort for some stupid "love it"s.
    Honestly, I was stoked I found this forum when I did and it's totally helped the last weeks of my pregnant become more tolerable as I get to connect with other women going through the same thing.
    But if I see someone being an idiot, sorry, I speak up about it. And posters who are treating newbs like crap (pardon the pun related to the original thread) then something should be said.
  • Options
    dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited August 2014
    blgills said:

Wow, you guys really have too much time on your hands. Grow up and stop internet bullying other women. My use of the word "retarded" was not in a negative connotation in regards to anyone's handicap, mental illness or anything of that nature. If you choose to be offended in a completely unrelated way by someone using a word (a word!) then that's truly your own problem.
    This actually just comes right back to my main point in which I felt so passionate about that I USED the word; which is that there are many posters on this website that disclude and belittle new posters in an effort for some stupid "love it"s.
    Honestly, I was stoked I found this forum when I did and it's totally helped the last weeks of my pregnant become more tolerable as I get to connect with other women going through the same thing.
    But if I see someone being an idiot, sorry, I speak up about it. And posters who are treating newbs like crap (pardon the pun related to the original thread) then something should be said.

Curious as to who you've connected with since you've had very few posts and just joined TB in July...
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options

blgills said:

Curious as to who you've connected with since you've had very few posts and just joined TB in July...
    Are you for real? You'd like me to explain who I have connected with, or want to imply that I haven't? That's ridiculous.
    And EXACTLY the behaviour I'm talking about. Why do women in here push new posters out?

I found a sweet forum where I could openly voice my thoughts and feelings about the third tri and also read others similar thoughts and feelings. I was stoked. If I've felt that I've connected with women in here then I have. Sorry I haven't been posting for months and months.
  • Options
    OP, don't use that word. Plain and simple.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    absterbossabsterboss member
    edited August 2014
    The only time I feel the word retard is appropriate is in music when there is a "retard" which means to slow down.

When used in any other area is disgusting, and truly ignorant. Your excuses are ridiculous, and if you can't think of other words to replace that atrocious word in your vocabulary, I feel bad for you. It makes me feel bad that you don't understand the greater issue.

Edit: words
  • Options
    Listen, if I have offended someone (which sounds silly to start off with because I clearly have..), and you're upset about it, then I'm sorry. I do apologize.
    While it's probably not understood, I did use the word passionately because I noticed other people being isolated in the forums, or almost made fun of and treated unfairly because they didn't do a proper "introduction post". That seemed really silly to me.
    I can pull up my big girl panties and apologize to those who are hurt, because it does bother me if someone was truly offended, and I wouldn't want to leave it at that.. however, I think I'm totally done with this forum. Which sucks, it was great!
    But its also kinda poopy. And I hope that changes for any new posters coming in here seeking support without being called "whiny".
  • Options
    blgills said:

blgills said:

Are you for real? You'd like me to explain who I have connected with, or want to imply that I haven't? That's ridiculous.
    And EXACTLY the behaviour I'm talking about. Why do women in here push new posters out?

I found a sweet forum where I could openly voice my thoughts and feelings about the third tri and also read others similar thoughts and feelings. I was stoked. If I've felt that I've connected with women in here then I have. Sorry I haven't been posting for months and months.
    We do not "push" new posters out. You chose to use a word in a way that is offensive and quite derogatory. If you would just realize that, apologize and move on...we would too. But you continue to defend yourself and it's making me think less and less of you every post.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's totally cool. I'm gone. Again, sorry to those I offended.
  • Options
    blgills said:

blgills said:

--------

Well, generally connections work both ways. You're clearly popular here, but not necessarily for something fantastic. Sorry you're feeling bullied. We're a tight group, you made an offensive remark, and instead of just owning it right away you belittled others to try to avoid your wrong doing. Not cool in a group that's been established since December. If you'd simply apologized right away as requested people would have moved on. We really are quite welcoming if you take the time to lurk and be a positive participant :-)

Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    blgills said:
    Listen, if I have offended someone (which sounds silly to start off with because I clearly have..), and you're upset about it, then I'm sorry. I do apologize. While it's probably not understood, I did use the word passionately because I noticed other people being isolated in the forums, or almost made fun of and treated unfairly because they didn't do a proper "introduction post". That seemed really silly to me. I can pull up my big girl panties and apologize to those who are hurt, because it does bother me if someone was truly offended, and I wouldn't want to leave it at that.. however, I think I'm totally done with this forum. Which sucks, it was great! But its also kinda poopy. And I hope that changes for any new posters coming in here seeking support without being called "whiny".
    Then, time to get yourself over to S14 and apologize to the mommy over there who posted she has a special needs child instead of being a bitch and backpedaling and defending yourself. 

Also, please, GTFO.  If you cannot grasp or comprehend why the "r" word is as HIGHLY offensive as the "n" word or any other slur, then you need to get off the internet and get out in to society and see how words DO cause harm. 

Because, I doubt you're willing to go up to a special needs person and call them an "r" word to their face.  Or, I would hope so.  But, with the blatant ignorance you spout off here...I could be wrong.

BYE FELICIA!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options
    Thanks for the non-apology. 

BYE!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Hey OP, I have a mentally and physically handicapped niece. If someone were to use that word in front of her/about her, I would have no problem punching them in the face.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    The only time I feel the word retard is appropriate is in music when there is a "retard" which means to slow down. When used in any other area is disgusting, and truly ignorant. Your excuses are ridiculous, and if you can't think of other words to replace that atrocious word in your vocabulary, I feel bad for you. It makes me feel bad that you don't understand the greater issue. Edit: words
    Yes, and technically it's "ritard" as in ritardando and it's Italian! 
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

"if I have offended someone (which sounds silly to start off with because I clearly have..), and you're upset about it, then I'm sorry."

This is not how you sincerely apologize, just btw, OP. It's like celebrities that are forced to give half-ass PR apologies for extremely offensive things they say or do, and just leave all the responsibility on someone else. "IF YOU were offended and YOU'RE upset, THEN I'm sorry." For it to be a real, appropriate and respectful apology, you'd need to take full responsibility for your words and understand WHY it is not ok in any context. 
    I feel bad for her SO with this weak ass apology. In my book, any apology that includes the word "if" negates the whole thing. If you're sorry for something, let it be because you truly believe you did something wrong. If not, keep it to yourself.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The only time I feel the word retard is appropriate is in music when there is a "retard" which means to slow down.

When used in any other area is disgusting, and truly ignorant. Your excuses are ridiculous, and if you can't think of other words to replace that atrocious word in your vocabulary, I feel bad for you. It makes me feel bad that you don't understand the greater issue.

Edit: words

Yes, and technically it's "ritard" as in ritardando and it's Italian! 

Yes :).
    And to be honest? I didn't even like to use the term when using it in music!

• Options
    blgills said:
    Wow, you guys really have too much time on your hands. Grow up and stop internet bullying other women. My use of the word "retarded" was not in a negative connotation in regards to anyone's handicap, mental illness or anything of that nature. If you choose to be offended in a completely unrelated way by someone using a word (a word!) then that's truly your own problem. Sticks and stones, right? This actually just comes right back to my main point in which I felt so passionate about that I USED the word; which is that there are many posters on this website that disclude and belittle new posters in an effort for some stupid "love it"s. Honestly, I was stoked I found this forum when I did and it's totally helped the last weeks of my pregnant become more tolerable as I get to connect with other women going through the same thing. But if I see someone being an idiot, sorry, I speak up about it. And posters who are treating newbs like crap (pardon the pun related to the original thread) then something should be said.
    I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but see the two bolded sections for evidence of how you did, in fact, use the word in an offensive manner (as if there was another option?).  You're saying you used it to describe the idiocy of others....meaning you fancy the words retarded and idiot to be synonyms....which is offensive...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• Options
    I love it when people apologize for how I'm feeling. It, in turn, makes me feel so empowered.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"