New Orleans Babies

Delivery at Ochsner Baptist or East Jeff

Hello ladies -- this is my first post. Not pregnant, but looking to switch OBGYNs from one who delivers at East Jeff or Tulane Lakeside (Dr. Kathleen Sullivan) to one who delivers at Ochsner Baptist (Dr. Candace Moore). The office location of Dr. Moore is so much more convenient for me, as opposed to driving out to East Jeff for Dr. Sullivan. But, before I switched, I wanted to see if anyone had a particularly good or bad experience at either, or if you have experience with either doctor. Whenever the time comes, I hope to have a natural birth. Thanks everyone!

Re: Delivery at Ochsner Baptist or East Jeff

• My doc delivers at East Jeff. And I love it over there. Sorry. I know that's probably not helpful
  • Hi!  I just had a natural birth at Ochsner Baptist.  I can't say enough good things about the people and facilities there.  I didn't do the Alternative Birthing Clinic (ABC), just the regular L&D, but if you're interested in natural birth, you may want to check out details on the ABC.
  • Loading the player...
  • I used Dr. Moore last time until I switched to the midwives (Esther and Cathy) around 30 weeks.  I really liked Dr. Moore, and she was supportive of natural birth, but after a ton of research, I decided that I wanted a water birth, which she doesn't do.  She also preferred that I not eat or drink during labor, and wasn't that open to letting patients give birth in any position.  If you're really interested in having a natural birth, I'd probably do a bit more research before switching and consider the midwives at the Alternative Birthing Clinic.
  • Just noticed you're not pregnant yet.  In that case, I'd definitely switch to Dr. Moore for regular GYN care, and then decide what provider to use for pregnancy when that actually happens.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"