Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Not drinking milk

21 mo DD gAve up her bottle almost a month ago. she did it on her own, and one day, just did not want it. I was very thankful as she has 4 month old triplet brothers and I thought she would want a bottle as they have them. However, along with the bottle, she keep up milk. She loved it before.. Hot or cold. She has a sippy cup and loves ice water so I thought I would try to put it in there. Have tried it several times and she looks at the liquid, sees it is not water, and says no. For a while, this was okay and her pediatrician said it was normal. We gave her string cheese several times a day to make up for the calcium. She is less interested in this now and maybe will have one. Anyone have experience with this?

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

Re: Not drinking milk

• Options
    My DS doesn't really drink milk.  He gets an upset stomach if he drinks too much so I am very careful how much I let him have.  Maybe one cup every other day.  We offer yogurt, cottage cheese, and string cheese daily to make sure he is getting enough Vitamin D and Calcium.  He does eat cereal with milk for breakfast some days as well.  

They do not need milk so I would keep offering other foods that are good sources of healthy fats.  Look what she is eating over the whole week as opposed to each day to get an idea of her intake.  Also, our GI doctor recommended giving DS a vitamin 2x per week to help with Vitamin D but I would definitely check with your pedi before starting something like that.  
  • Options
    I don't have your exact problem but DS has never been a big fan of milk.  And he doesn't like cheese as-is (unless it is melted or cooked in something).  He used to eat more yogurt but these days I'm lucky if he eats 2 T of yogurt at breakfast.  For milk, he will barely drink 4-6oz over a whole day.

The only way I can get him to have enough dairy is to make him a smoothie every day.  I put in about 1/3C fruits, 1/3C WCM, 1/3C plain yogurt.  

GL.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DD1, we took the bottle away cold turkey at 15 months.  I was concerned that she wouldn't drink anything other than water in her sippy but the pedi said to make sure she has other sources of calcium.  It took her 8 days of being stubborn and refusing to drink milk from a sippy but then one day, she just picked it up and started drinking.  My only advice would be to keep offering her milk in a sippy and hopefully one day soon she will just accept it.  Good luck!
    <Lilypie First Birthday tickers> <Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"