August 2014 Moms
Options

Most Useful & Funniest Non-Registry Gift

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that most of us have had our showers if we're having one. I thought it would be fun to share the most useful and funniest off-registry gift you received.
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: Most Useful & Funniest Non-Registry Gift

• Options
    dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited August 2014
    Most Useful: A friend put together a little shower caddy (like you'd use in college) with nursing essentials: a water bottle, nipple cream, granola bars, breast pads, mini thing of wipes, Kleenex, etc. was super thoughtful and sweet and it will be really easy to just grab it and move it around wherever I'm going.

Funniest: Nose Frida. To be fair, I *did* register for one, but no one at my shower knew what it was and we ended up passing it around. Some (most) we're horrified and some thought it was pretty cool.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    Most useful: diapers
    Funniest: butt paste. I'm sure you can see why I think it's funny. :-p

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So these were items we didn't register for?

Most useful: Bamboobies. I didn't put any washable breast pads on my registry so this was a nice addition.

Funniest: "Vader's Little Princess" book. Here.  H and I love Star Wars so I thought this was great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    absterbossabsterboss member
    edited August 2014
    Useful: I would say our crib/ bedding from my parents and out car seat/ jogger from my inlaws

Funniest: Go The Fuck To Sleep and the follow up to that one too. ;)
  • Options

Most useful: Diapers definitely, but I do love when I get the clothes baskets full of supplies.

Funniest: I actually knew about it, but my mom bought H a diaper changing kit. His face at the shower was so funny. It has a nose plug, goggles, and gloves.

ETA: I can't type thigs morning

We didn't have a shower for this LO, but for my first someone got DH these plus some kitchen tongs and an apron!  It was hilarious.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I will answer for my first pregnancy.

Most Useful: A bouncer. Did not put it on my registry as I had a swing on there. Couple insisted that I would need it. They were right!

Funniest: I did not receive anything funny. Lame....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Most useful: Diapers definitely, but I do love when I get the clothes baskets full of supplies.

Funniest: I actually knew about it, but my mom bought H a diaper changing kit. His face at the shower was so funny. It has a nose plug, goggles, and gloves.

ETA: I can't type thigs morning

We didn't have a shower for this LO, but for my first someone got DH these plus some kitchen tongs and an apron!  It was hilarious.

Totally forgot it had tongs in it as well! It was pretty funny, my mom had told me before hand so that I would know to expect it!

• Options
    We didn't have a shower but we were gifted a few things.

Most useful: diapers!

Funniest: this is really only funny to me but we were given a couple toys geared towards boys. As soon as we announced that we were having another everyone assumed it was a boy (since boys run in the family) but here we are with girl #2. I will still use the items though because who cares if it is meant for a boy or girl!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Most Useful: Ergo Carrier, Bob Stroller

Funniest: Copy of Go The F To Sleep - which turned into a family campfire story time after our shower...Copy of Monsters Eat Whiny Children (our theme is Monsters Inc.)...and pacifier imprinted with "Mute Button"

• Options

Most useful: Vodka

Funniest: Vodka

The women in my life know me well

I got Scotch, mom needs a bottle to LOL!

Most useful: diapers and diapering supplies.

Funniest: Star Trek onesie says " I just boldly went" I am a total Trekie and it is awesome!
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Options

Most useful: awesome jogger/carseat/adapter combo that a bunch of people chipped in for

Funniest: Not really funny per say but my friend made me a giant diaper cake with ribbons and a toy Lamaze frog on top, and it was even stuffed with wipes! I thought it was totally awesome!

:)
  • Options
    Most useful: diapers

Funniest: a onsie that says "no habla"
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"