May 2014 Moms

Angel care deluxe movement and sound monitor

Has or is anyone using this monitor? We are currently using a samsung monitor that is great but being that we will soon be moving our baby to his crib- I was thinking of purchasing the angel care monitor. I am so nervous about him being in another room. I also have to admit that all of the talk we've had about SIDS on the board has made me nervous.

Any thoughts? Is it worth it? Is there any other monitor out there to use?

Re: Angel care deluxe movement and sound monitor

• Do you have the deluxe version?
    Thanks for your help!
  • Just get a snuza! So much easier and less expensive!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also interested in the snuza so would welcome any reviews. I thought it especially might be good when we're traveling because we won't be bringing a monitor with us so the snuza could serve that function.
  • MK1013 said:

Where can you buy the Snuzas?

If you search it on amazon several different ones come up. There are also lots of product reviews!

I have been debating one for weeks, think I will bite the bullet when we finally move her to her crib!
  • We have an angel care and I love it so so much. I have a Snuza as well but I don't like it near as much. I don't think our monitor is the deluxe as I only have one sensor pad, but it works perfectly for us. It gives such peace of mind. I would strongly recommend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I have the anglecare movement/sound/video monitor. I really like it. I got it online from bed bath and beyond and used a 20% coupon which saved a lot. Right now, we only use it for naps but have not had any false alarms. Just follow the directions really well.
  • I bought my snuza on amazon for 60 bucks. You just clip it onto their diaper
  • @ksyknelvr73‌ what is it about the snuza you don't like as much? I was thinking it would be good for travel, when we're away from our monitor.
  • letal316 said:

@ksyknelvr73‌ what is it about the snuza you don't like as much? I was thinking it would be good for travel, when we're away from our monitor.

@letal316‌ we took ours on our vacation recently and LO slept in the RNP. It kept moving...LO is definitely a wiggler in his sleep. Even though it was secure and he was swaddled the alarm kept going off scaring me half to death, but he was fine. I guess it just doesn't work well for him, maybe others will have success.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• @ksyknelvr73‌ that would drive me crazy. My LO is pretty squirmy too so I wonder if that would be the same with her.
  • Cook251 said:

I just bought the snuza and will be using it for the first time tonight. The SIDS thread has me TOTALLY freaked out!

Ever since I read that thread, I can't sleep more than 2 hours without checking on him. He sleeps for 7 hours and I can't take advantage of it. We were even going to move him into the crib but now I don't think I'm ready
  • XathXath member
    I have both the Deluxe Angelcare and the Snuza.  I have them both and like them for different reasons.  

AngelCare

Pros: The AngelCare is a great monitor.  The deluxe (2 pads) has never given us a false alarm.  AngelCare customer service is wonderful, and they help you resolve any issues, even outside of warranty.  Every part of the monitor is replaceable through their customer service center, if necessary. Ours worked flawlessly for 3 years.  They recently replaced the parent units for us because of an LCD issue covered by warranty.  My 3 year old then got to the nursery unit, so we bought a new one through customer service.  The monitor is great for paranoia when you fear they're not sleeping as babies.  It's also great for paranoia when you think they might sneak out of bed as toddlers.  

Cons: It's not portable, or particularly easy to transfer between cribs.  Changing it to just be a sound monitor (and not use the pads) is not intuitive, nor something you'll do frequently. 

Snuza

Pros: It clips to the diaper and is super-portable.  We use it with DS2 right now since he's sleeping in the PnP in our room.  A few weeks ago, DS2 had several bouts of not breathing for 30+ seconds, and the alarm alerted me to it so I could help him.  Without the Snuza we wouldn't know we needed to see the pediatric pulmonologist.  He wore it 24/7 after that, and I like that he could wear it wherever he was stationary.  (He's fine now; doc thinks it was related to an ear infection he had).  

Cons: Lots of false alarms, which I can only see increasing as baby gets more mobile.  It's also not usable in the car, as it doesn't differentiate between different types of motion.  I saw a similar device on Baby Steals recently that also differentiates breathing from other movements.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have the Snuza hero and I think it's great. I got more false alarms when LO was smaller. Now it's rare. It helps to fold down the diaper so there is more to clip it to. Also, these devices are not approved to prevent SIDS and aren't recommended by the aap, but my Snuza helps me sleep-- so worth it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I LOVE my Snuza. I have never had a false alarm while she was in her own bed laying on her back. Once the alarm went off when I was holding her, but clearly I could see that she was ok. The sensor had come away from her stomach because I had her all curled up. We put it on as part of our night time routine right after bath and I don't take it off until she is completely up for the day. If I have to do a MOTN diaper change it goes right back on. SO MUCH PEACE OF MIND!!!! I find that her onesie keeps the Snuza flat against her belly. She sleeps in a short sleeve onesie only because she has transitioned out of the Miracle Blanket swaddle into Baby Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit (it is quite warm so she doesn't need PJs), which I am also loving. Also, the Snuza has a tiny flashing light that indicates that it is working, so if I get up in the MOTN to use the bathroom I can just look in her PNP and see the light flashing. Even through the Merlin Suit I can still see the light. 
  • Also, I bought my Snuza at BRU with a 20% coupon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"