Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

12 month old won't drink cold milk

i'd like to get him to drink cold milk out of a cup but he only wants it warm and in the bottle. 
i could keep trying to warm it and put it in a sippy... but i'm not sure what to do? better to just make the total transition to cold milk in a cup or what?

any thoughts/advice appreciated....

Re: 12 month old won't drink cold milk

• Options
    HennessyHennessy member
    edited August 2014
    I don't really have any suggestions but I can tell you what your future looks like if you don't try to transition now.  My DS will be 2 next month and we are STILL warming milk and pouring it into a straw cup for him.  He refuses to drink it cold.  And, I'd rather him get some milk in the morning so I continue to warm it... we are trying to wean him off this by making it less and less warm each time, but it's a battle!

I would definitely transition to a cup though.. we did this right around 12 months.  A lot of people have challenges transitioning to drinking milk from a cup (we did) but it took trying a few different types of cups to find one that would work.  Now, I just wish I'd been more successful with the warming!

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Relationship Humor Blog: The Hubby Diaries
  • Options
    I would definitely encourage doing this sooner than later.  DS2 wanted his milk warm but we were able to transition to warming it less, and then not at all, while it was still breast milk.  We actually did this partly while we were transitioning to a sippy cup, I think.  But if you're having trouble with it, I'd probably transition to the cup first and then working on gradually cooling the milk down.  Good luck, it seems like there is always something we are trying to transition them to!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son was the same way for his first bottle (we still do milk in the bottle, sippy cup for everything else. I would either get the bottle set a little before he woke or warmed it very little, still cool but no chill. Sometimes putting a bit of room temp water worked. In a month he was fine with it cold. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"