February 2015 Moms
Options

Am I lazy?

Running around after my toddler is exhausting. And tasks like bringing the laundry to the basement seem daunting. DH says I'm being pathetic, but my body seems to be pooped.

Tell me I'm not being lazy! Or not :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I lazy?

• Options
    The extra blood our bodies are producing requires more oxygen and causes us to feel a little more "pooped" than normal. I know how you feel, my Littles has me breathing hard just climbing the stairs!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Same here! I am always exhausted. I can't imagine chasing around a toddler on top of it. Take care!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need to sit down when I get DS from upstairs and when I take him up for sleep. Chasing him is easier than stairs right now and I couldn't imagine toting laundry up and down like that. Toddlers hold on but laundry is bulky, uncomfortable and offers no support. You're not lazy.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mays1028mays1028 member
    edited August 2014
    I feel the same I have a 2.5 year old just getting up because she needs to go potty wears me out but if I don't it's more laundry ugh lol. Being pregnant is exhausting. I am lucky to have a DH that is understanding, but now he is off working out of town for weeks at a time. Your not being lazy! It's just part of the process :) hope you get some energy soon! I am looking for mine to show up anytime, better be here when I go back to college at the end of the month! My last semester gotta do it!
  • Options
    You are not lazy-my daughter is starting to walk so I am up way more than before. I can not hold her very long either - my back starts killing me. If I am not somewhere where I can put her down, I have to pass her to my husband or other family members. I try to do what I can when my husband is on shift but it is always sweet when he is home and he makes me nap, sit, and takes care of DD. This pregnancy (especially the ms) has been rough this time. Don't let anyone (or yourself) call you lazy-growing another human being is far from lazy!
  • Options
    I think its very hard to stay in your normal routine being pregnant while taking care of other kiddos. I dont think you are being lazy. Its genuinely harder to do all i used to do. I get out of breath carrying laundry upstairs myself. (And I'm used to physical activity). I think you husband is being an ass for calling you pathetic and lazy.

Once you hit 2nd tri you'll get back in stride. You wont be as plagued with the nausea and fatigue and you'll want to do more. (If i remember right you have major ms) I am always what i consider a lazy bum during first trimester and that is okay. Basic needs are always attended to and that is what counts.

Feel better lady!
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    Your DH sounds like a darling arsehole. You should not feel guilty or be made feel guilty for being tired running after a child and keeping up the house. He should be running around after you!
  • Options
    This is me EVERY day.  I have been gearing myself up for 2 hours just to get out of the house and to the grocery store with 3 kids.  I'm exhausted after feeding everyone breakfast, cleaning up breakfast and then getting everyone dressed.  I am starting to be ok with it as long as everyone is happy and fairly clean:) 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No you aren't being lazy. I made DH carry the laundry basket downstairs so I could fold it and then back upstairs so I could put it away. Sound like a lot of work but the TV is downstairs and I told him if he didn't carry it he had to sit and watch me fold it upstairs.
  • Options
    I consider myself in decent shape, but I live on the third floor and after climbing those stairs I feel like I ran a marathon--I get so out of breath and need to sit for a minute. I'm glad to know this is normal.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I second the bribing myself with food to do things!  
  • Options
    If you're lazy, make room on that lazy couch for me too, because I'm right there with you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH just scored major points.  DS2 didnt sleep for more than 2 hours last night, and I am so exhausted.  He is SAHD and is taking the boys to MILs for the day to swim.  Theyll be gone til at least 7 pm.  I see a nap in my future!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    You are not lazy. My DH won't even call me lazy and I am in bed most of the day because it is the only place I can truly be comfortable. He has realized now that I feel like crap, but he wants me to just take care of myself as I am carrying the babies for us :)
  • Options
    Nope not lazy at all. It's hard work growing humans!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also vote not lazy. I NEED to rest several times a day. I also have a 3 year old and go back to work next Monday (i'm a school nurse). Right now, I'm lucky if I shower, period. I dread the days I have errands to run and when I go back to work from summer break. Do what you gotta do, first tri is all about survival.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Building a baby is exhausting!!!! The word "lazy" should not ever be uttered in the presence of a pregnant woman. It's downright unfair. I have two kids and work full time, and I'm dog tired all the time. My son called me lazy once and I wanted to drop kick him, but he doesn't understand, I don't think the husband's really get it either. #:-S
  • Options
    Definitely not lazy! I work with in a class of 16 two year old potty trainers, and by the end of the day, I have to bribe myself just to drive home. Usually I spend a good 15 minutes just sitting in my car before I even think about driving home, haha!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"