Baby Showers

Sunday or Saturday?

Shortstack06Shortstack06 member
edited July 2014 in Baby Showers
My mom(host of my shower) and I were trying to figure what day would be best, this would be in October. What day would you prefer or have you attended one and preferred one day over the other? Or maybe something else entirely?
D14 - Free For All
In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

Sunday or Saturday? 140 votes

Saturday
63% 89 votes
Sunday
34% 48 votes
Other
2% 3 votes

Re: Sunday or Saturday?

• A lot of my friends are hairdressers, so we usually do Sundays, but otherwise I would probably have voted Saturday.
  • If it's for someone in my family, we usually do Sunday mid morning or early afternoon because my aunts are busy Saturdays with my cousins' sporting events.

If I'm throwing it for a friend, I prefer Saturday so I have Sunday to recover.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We tend to do things on Sundays and brunch time. 
  • It really depends on the host and your guests.  My mom hosted mine and she works on Saturday's so we went for Sunday.  Although a different shower, my DH and I had a couple's wedding shower and again planned it on a Sunday because most of DH's friends have jobs that rotate out working on Sundays.
  • I voted Saturday, because that is my preference personally, but I think this is a "know your invitees" situation.  

Lots of church-goers?  Saturday is better.
    Lots of football fans? Get them home by Sunday afternoon.
    Lots of guests with older kids in sports?  Sunday is better.
    Lots of younger guests without kids? Saturday afternoon is best.

A big mix of all of the above?  Have it when it's most convenient for the host and the MTB and let the chips fall where they may.  Either day is really fine.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Saturday. It's football season. Is it even a question? Lol
  • Normal around here tends to be midafternoon on Sunday.

If you follow college football there are games on Saturday too. I tend to watch football both days so either way im dvring something.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Sundays tend to be the norm around here.. I think it does depend on where you live.. We are in Chicago

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"