February 2015 Moms

10 weeks no heartbeat ??

I'm 10 weeks pregnant , at 8 weeks I saw my baby for the first time and I heard the heartbeat
on thursday i went to my first appointment for my first check out and for the pap smear everything was perfect by next day i start having a brown discharge so i went to the hospital i didn't had pain or anything the Dr ordered a regular ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound
and he just told me that they couldn't see the heartbeat that it could possible be a miscarriage i have to wait until monday to go to my gynecologist i continue with the brown discharge and no pain . somebody experienced the same thing ????

Re: 10 weeks no heartbeat ??

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. Unfortunately this sounds very similar to my previous m/c. I had no significant cramping and no heavy bleeding. The brown discharge changed to red spotting, but never as much as a regular period. Again I'm so sorry for your loss.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • No advice, but I am sorry you're dealing with this.
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry your dealing with this.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm so very sorry :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• erinlynn4733erinlynn4733 member
    edited August 2014
    When you say you saw your baby for the first time at 8 weeks, they saw the heartbeat then also? I'm a sonographer. If they saw it at 8 weeks with ultrasound and just did both a transabdominal and transvaginal scan, they should have been able to see the heartbeat with the transvaginal scan at least. Did they see the baby at all? Do you know what it was measuring? Was the same type of machine used? Of course there is user error, and I'm grasping at straws. So sorry you're going through this. Hugs.
  • So sorry you are going through this.

I can relate. I have have 2 pregnancy losses. My first one, I had no idea, no bleeding, no pain, and still had pregnancy symptoms like sore boobs. Had had an unofficial first ultrasound at 7 weeks by an untrained nurse, just for fun and we saw a heartbeat. She stopped looking there. Went to my first real ultrasound to get a more precise date, and no heartbeat seen. The tech wasn't allowed to say anything to me but I knew something was wrong. The worst was having to wait to get an answer from a doctor. I later found out I had twins and their hearts had stoped beating a week and a half before. Sometimes, the US can be wrong, so you still have to go through blood work every 2 days to see if your hormones are going down and have a repeat US to confirm. It is rare, but sometimes it can be wrong. This week long process is very hard. You want to start grieving but not a 100% sure if you should yet. It's very emotional, especially if it's your first. My babies wouldn't come out and it is very unpleasant to know they are no longer living and still inside you. I tried accupuncture as a natural expulsion method but it didn't work, or may have helped prepare my uterus. At 11 weeks I decided to take the Mx to cause cramps and although I personnaly had a bad reaction to it, it worked very well and everything eventually came out. Everything was over by the time I reached week 12.

My second miscarriage was a lot less traumatic. The baby came out naturally at 7 weeks.

Because of my 2 miscarriages, I am now followed by a gynecologist very closely and I have been tested up the yin yang to see what was wrong... which is good because they found out I make blood clots during pregnancy and all I have to do is get treated for this to be able to have healthy babies.

So many women have miscarriages with all kinds of different stories. Not many speak of their stories until you bring up your own. Most of the time it just happens, for no reason, for no fault of your own. If it happens twice when having had no kids before, you can beggin testing to get answers and recive great care afterwards.

I am pregnant now, 13 weeks, and things are going well. My husband and I are always a bit nervous and on our guards for every US, but we decided to trust in the universe, because we have no control over this. Trying to enjoy every step and living in the moment.

If you do get bad news on Monday, than I am sorry for your loss. If this is the case, know that you are not alone. Talk about it to friends who have gone through similar experiences, that has helped me a lot, and take the time to grieve in your own way.

Best of luck to you.
  • I wish I had any advice to give you but I don't. I'm sorry that you have to go through this. No one ever should have this kind of stress and pain in their lives. I'm so sorry and you're in my thoughts.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so sorry. I had a miscarriage in January at 10 weeks. I saw a healthy moving baby at 9 weeks and then went in for a routine 10 week appt (ivf babies require weekly ultrasounds) and they couldn't find heart beat. No bleeding or cramping. They call it "missed abortion" I think. Its heart breaking. I pray and hope that your dr can give you good news. I was told by my dr that week 9 is a very crucial week of development for a baby and that nothing I did caused it.
  • So sorry you're going thru this!
    image       image
  • So sorry you have to deal with this please keep us updated.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • My thoughts are with you-- so sorry you are going through this...

Married 12.14.12 TTC 01.01.14 BFP 02.26.14 MC 03.07.14 TTC again 05.01.14               
    BFP 05.27.14  Beyond excited and giddy with anticipation! EDD 2.2.15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You are in my thoughts and prayers!  So sorry you are going through this.  Please keep us posted.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • So sorry you're going through this. I hope all is well. Keep us updated. Thinking of you!
  • Thoughts and prayers to you
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IVF#1 - BFP 6/18/13 - Tommy born sleeping 10/1/13

IVF#2 - BFN

IVF#3 - BFP 6/5/14 EDD 2/14/15 TWIN BOYS  - MATTHEW AND TIMOTHY ARRIVE 12/2/14

• So sorry you are going through this, thoughts and prayers to you.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm sorry you're going through this.  The limbo is the worst part.  It's hard to know how to feel.  I'll be sending lots of T&Ps your way.  Keep us updated.
  • Sending t&ps your way. Please keep us updated.
  • I hope all us well. Update us when you can- fingers crossed
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Pray and hope for the best. I had brown discharges around that time that lasted for about 5 days. I freaked out and called my OB, he said as long as there is no cramping and fresh blood coming out I should be fine. It went away after that. I would be a little sceptical about the ER doctor as he or she does not have much training in OB cases, babies move around and quite possibly your baby may have been way back in your womb thats why they cannot get a heartbeat.

Hope everything turns out well for you.
  • Sending you all good thoughts and lots of hope for healthy baby. Keep us posted when you can. This is my first pregnancy and so far all seems okay, so I can't speak from experience, but so many women have gone through this and it's just SO hard. Let yourself feel whatever you need to and know you've done everything you can! FX for good news.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"