Multiples

Maternity clothes

At 28 weeks, I've officially grown out of my maternity clothes.  Now what?  Buy a size larger?  Does that work?  I order online and I'm afraid it'll be wider but not longer, which is what I need.  I'm busting at the seams here!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Maternity clothes

• basil2basil2 member
    edited August 2014
    Dresses are more forgiving.
    I refused to buy a whole second set of maternity clothes and just made do.
    Good luck!
  • zazu13zazu13 member
    I 2nd dresses. At the very end I just rotated through the 2 or 3 things that fit and went sans clothes whenenver possible ;) Hang in there!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Loading the player...
  • If you have an H&M near you, they have some really great tunic length tanks that are non-maternity but work great for me (I'm almost 35 weeks). I wore them throughout my first pregnancy and they returned to their regular shape after I had my daughter... and now I'm wearing them again this time around. All of my other maternity tanks and tops are almost too short (mostly Old Navy).
  • I had to go up a size around 33 weeks.  It sucks because you know that you only have a few weeks left.  I wore the same few of shirts and two pairs of pants for the rest of my pregnancy when I had to leave the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I stopped wearing pants once I hit third tri. I had outgrown most everything by then and I couldn't stand how pants felt on my belly. Dresses were awesome.

• Long tees or tunics, maxi skirts and maxi dresses. I also bought a pair of black maternity leggings a size up which I basically lived in toward the end. I gave myself the liberty of committing the fashion faux pas of leggings as pants. They were opaque, but I did not care at that point.

Like pps said, by the end there were just a few items/outfits that I rotated through rather than buying anything new.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• I would suggest going to a store (brick & mortar) if you can. I'm tall and bigger boned and have a hard time with size & length sometimes.
  • So I'm 11 1/2 wks postpartum and will be going back to work Monday wearing maternity clothes :( (at least they aren't too small anymore)

(I still have 20 of the 60 pounds I gained, my breasts are bigger, my hips are still not back to normal and I still have a small bump.). Even this far out fitting into clothes is still a moving target and I don't want to buy anything until it stops changing.
  • At 30 weeks with twins, I'm really happy with all my Old Navy maternity tops. They have a great length and aren't super wide and boxy. The do start to pill pretty quickly, but these aren't something that are meant to last more than one pregnancy. I got a bunch of tanks and short sleeved t shirts all for under $10 each. 
  • Thanks so much, mamas, for the suggestions!  It's getting cooler here already so what I find will need to be long sleeve, I suppose...  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"