September 2014 Moms
Options

*~Plus Size Check-In~*

Hello there, ladies! Hope you all are having a fantastic week.

How's everyone feeling? Anything on your minds?

So, I thought this week we'd have our own HDBD. I'd love so see everyone share their beautiful, bare bumps...but I completely understand if you're not comfortable doing so. Clothed bumps are absolutely welcome :-)
{Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
{DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
~Love and Light to everyone~ 
image image
My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image

Re: *~Plus Size Check-In~*

• Options

Can I join in? I'm new-ish to the board, 27 years old, a plus size mama of one little girl who is 3 with a baby boy on the way. I am trying for a V-BAC this time around and so far everything is going well and my Dr. is hopeful we will be successful. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am at work so no bare bump pic right now but I would be happy to post one once I'm at home. @brittneyandadam you look great!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KATILLAC1‌ Welcome to the check-in. Thw ladies here are really supportive and we have a pretty safe place here to talk about our insecurities and to cheer one another on. Glad to hear everything seems to be going well for you
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    image image

image image
  • Options
    Hello Ladies, I cant believe how fast time feels like it is going. We had a checkup today and Mr Man is measuring in the 75th percentile for his weight and looks to be weighing in at a whopping (estimated) 4 lbs already.. I am freaking out that hes going to be huge when he is born. But other than that we are doing great, cant wait to meet this little man. 

Hope you all are having a great week!

I dont have any HDBD pics sorry :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    RedBaramidRedBaramid member
    edited July 2014
    Bah, sorry I slept literally all day today, so I am already BACK in pj's.. but I decided to be brave and take a bare bump photo.. and oddly enough it was DH who really pushed me into it. 

I had some BH this morning at work.. I think from dehydrating because once I got home and put my feet up with some water they settled down. It made me a little more nervous about work. I'm already getting nervous about my body's ability to keep up. I still have just under 9 weeks, we can't afford for me to take off early. 

Okay, so here it is, the belly:

Sorry the bathroom is a disaster.. also I think it may be time to retire this tank top...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Man you ladies look great in your bump shots, my bump isnt nearly that round though Ive been feeling huge lately.

Ill post one next week, I just kept forgetting to take one.

I have a Drs appointment today and and U/S and NST next week.  Im curious to see how big this little guy is getting as I feel like the last 2 weeks everything is a struggle if bending or turning over and the like is involved.
    Ive had some mild cramping as well as pressure so Im thinking LO may finally have turned to go head down.

Has anyone started buying nursing bras and shirts?  Where are you having luck?  Im a 42DDD right now and even to find a nursing bra in that size I find would be a struggle, Ive found a few options online but havent jumpped on anything just yet.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    We spent several hours in labor and delivery yesterday because I thought my water broke and I was having contractions three minutes apart. My coworkers are lovely women who I really like, but they called an ambulance instead of letting me drive myself and then the ambulance wouldn't bring me across town to our hospital because it was rush hour, so we ended up at another hospital. I got some fluids and my contractions got worse and more regular, but eventually they sent me home because my cervix was still closed. I spoke to my doctor's office today and they said to keep my feet up and drink 100 ounces of water, which I'm doing, but I'm super embarrassed that all that fuss happened because I'm the dummy who forgot to drink water.

Sorry for the long post. I'm glad the baby decided to wait because I'm only 34 weeks and change. Today is also the shower at my husband's office and my mom's birthday, so I have things to look forward to. And I'm on my second bottle of water. I don't have any bump shots to share, unfortunately, but all of yours are beautiful!
  • Options
    Yeah. Not quite bold enough to show my bare bump. Especially since LO is sitting up high so my lower belly is still squishy. Lol. But here's a gem I thought I could share!
  • Options
    @mrsH1112‌ my boobs haven't grown yet...so im hesitant to start buying bras. I did get a cup size larger when Zulily had a sale...hopefully that'll get me started. For now though, I was just going to head to Target to get a sleep nursing bra to take withme to the hospital. I think I'm going to wait until my milk comes in to buy an actual bra
    image image

image image
  • Options
    Hey ladies!  After having our shower Saturday it has really sunk in that we only have 6 weeks left.  I remember what I was doing 6 weeks ago, I can't imagine baby coming that soon!  The shower overwhelmed me with all the gifts and handwritten notes.  This Nugget is so loved already!  This is why I love living in a small town.

No bump picture for me.  I'm not wearing a very bump-friendly shirt and I'm not brave enough for a bare bump pic just yet!
  • Options
    Yeah I am going to probably just get one and see how it goes till after my son is born.  I just was trying to get a feel for where everyone is at.

For me I feel stuck because I cant go to Target or even most department stores to get my size in something that is supportive enough.  Even nursing tanks some of the old navy ones are decent but if I get like a 3x then it will fit ok on top and be huge everywhere else.   I guess in a way its vanity holding me back, I want a bra that fits good, is good for nursing but doesnt make me look saggy and supports well...and shirts that fit ok and dont look huge haha.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    I don't even WANT to go bra shopping. I went once before I figured out I was pregnant and finally found some that fit well and correctly.. then I lost that 18lbs first tri and a lot of it came out of my chest... now my chest has started to swell back up, but it's not the same, the breast tissue is different now. So currently the bras I have are a cup size to big I think, but the center actually tacks so I think that means I have the band right.. for now.... I don't even want to THINK about nursing bras right now. I'm just so sick of my boobs I could gag every time I have to deal with them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I found a cheat on the nursing tank front. Vanity makes extra long/braless spaghetti strap tank that unhook in the back so you can crisscross them.  I bought a few different colors and will wear them backwards while I'm nursing so they unhook but i still have something over my belly if I don't have an actual nursing top on.  I hate tanks with built-in bras because I'm like @mrsH1112 and to get the bra part to fit the rest is huge.  Plus since the Vanity tanks are extra long I am wearing them now under shirts to make them longer without having to buy maternity.
  • Options
    Hey mamas! I'm new! 33 weeks today. Little boy is 5 lbs 4 oz and head down!!
  • Options
    It's been a little while since I've visited the board, so HI! 

I picked out an outfit for maternity photos today. I'm disgruntled that the destination maternity in the mall doesn't carry plus size in store at all. The store that does carry it carries a really puny selection. Hopefully what I ordered will fit and look great. Aside from the discouraging lack of in store selection killing my self confidence, I actually feel really good. I've been excercising a lot this pregnancy and feel like I look a lot healthier. Hopefully I can keep this up till the end!
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Options
    It's getting surreal now! Just under 5 to go. Nursery is all ready, just need to install car seats, and will finish sewing the curtains for LO's room today.
    Been using Barely There sports like bras. Comfy for now. But not sure how well they'll work for nursing. Saw Medela has some at BRU and may try it. My 9 y/o niece is still trying to insist that we need a dog before the baby comes... because according to her "that's how the life cycle works! " Lol, she cracks me up :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"