December 2014 Moms

Crafty Mamas Update

It's been a week already.  I was super motivated over the weekend, but since then, bleh.  Anyway, show me your projects!

What I'm really working on right now is a mobile (which I still don't know how to properly pronounce.  moBILE, MObill, moBEEL?)
I wanted to try to make something like this
But I'm having trouble.  I made whales, but the fabric frays, so I can't do a top stitch.  I tried to seem them together and stuff them, but it got weird.  I'll try again. I got an embroidery wheel to use at the base.  And I'll string them up with yarn. 

Re: Crafty Mamas Update

• I was going to make a mobile too! My ideas from Pinterest are these but I haven't narrowed it down yet:

DIY mobile. With branches.
    Real branches seem super interesting. But I don't like the birds. I'd want to do something different. Or different type of bird.

I love this mobile! It's from a (super, super cute!) nursery
    Maybe I have a bird thing. I thought this was awesome, MH did not.

DIY mobile. Perfect for a boy.
    Wow, this one came big, sorry. But seems easy enough to do myself...I hope.

DIY Mobile
    Pretty adorable.

• I made some baby booties and a beard hat for my cousin for her baby shower. I am currently working on a sheep hat, diaper cover and booties for my niece due in August. I've got the crochet bug right now.

And for whatever reason, my phone won't let me post pictures.... So this is the link to the page for the sheep set I am working on

https://doityourselfbyruta.wordpress.com/2013/06/28/bubbly-diaper-cover/
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • mcr957mcr957 member
    That's adorable! You're inspiring me to try my hand at a mobile as well. But I have no sewing skills so I'll likely use some super adhesive fabric glue to put it together. 

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • ashtonkitty1 I was thinking about getting a wall decal one, because I didn't want it painted directly on the wall, in case (read: when) we move.  I never though about a real wooden one!  Love it.  And those colors do match my nursery.  But I was thinking about doing it in a standard yellow ruler style.  CUTE!

mcr957 I literally first used my sewing machine last week.  I got it for my bridal shower a year and a half ago.  I don't know what I'm doing!

• I finished the dog I was working on, but having trouble attaching the top legs. I finished a hat for a baby shower on Saturday. It's so cute that I want to keep it. I found some cute baskets at a garage sale that I'm going to turn into diaper baskets for both kids and soon we will be re-painting their room. I haven't decided if I'm making the curtains or just going to buy them.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Super cute mobiles! I bought some felt for a mobile project but haven't figured out quite what I want.

I finished my first knitted blanket (yay!), which of course the dog thinks is for him. I'm working on a little hat now, and it's pink! We found out baby is a girl, so that's really fun.

And I'm working on some painted giraffes. They're still definitely a work in progress (the blue and green ones especially are getting an overhaul), but I think I'll be really happy with them when they are done.
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Cryssteen said:

It's been a week already.  I was super motivated over the weekend, but since then, bleh.  Anyway, show me your projects!

What I'm really working on right now is a mobile (which I still don't know how to properly pronounce.  moBILE, MObill, moBEEL?)
    I wanted to try to make something like this
    But I'm having trouble.  I made whales, but the fabric frays, so I can't do a top stitch.  I tried to seem them together and stuff them, but it got weird.  I'll try again. I got an embroidery wheel to use at the base.  And I'll string them up with yarn. 

It looks like they used felt for this one...that won't fray.
  • alissendis 1,000 times better not needed. That dress is super adorable as is!!
  • @alissendis‌ adorable dress!!
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Jessie333Jessie333 member
    edited July 2014
    @dtremel‌

It's a crochet pattern. I just made it (while dd was nappimg) and it took me about 2ish hours. It wasn't bad at all!

https://doityourselfbyruta.wordpress.com/2013/06/28/bubbly-diaper-cover/
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• LovesBooks I would go with one of the paper mobiles. As gorgeous as the twig and bird one is I would be too concerned about tiny pieces falling off into baby's eyes and crib.
    first time mom
    BOY  07/12/14
  • My mom & I made the picture this weekend and I made the mobile last week. I love, love, love them together even tho the picture isn't hung up, I wanted to share ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started on these curtain panels last night! It's my first sewing project ever.

Also, this isn't the room they will be in. I just needed to see how they were hanging before finishing panel 2!
  • I'm not crafty, but I did make some artwork for the nursery. You ladies are so talented!! imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"