Natural Birth
Options

Seeking Hypnobabies Confidence Boost!

My guess date for my second baby is about a month away. I finished my Hypnobabies live class about 3 weeks ago and have been doing my practice since then.  During the live classes are was feeling very secure, confident and relaxed.  As my guess date approaches I have been getting a little more anxious and have a worry that it "won't work" for me even though I am doing all of the techniques. I guess maybe my worry is that I am doing them wrong or not practicing correctly.  I also have some anxiety about managing transformation.

I have done a Fear Clearing and been reading positive Hypnobabies birth stories.  My Hypnobabies instructor will serve as my doula and I have a very supportive OB. 

Any words of encouragement or suggestions on ways to go into this confidently? I know that my mind is my biggest barrier and I really want to do this (this is my first attempt at an unmedicated birth).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Seeking Hypnobabies Confidence Boost!

• Options
    My EDD is 4 days away, but I've had some of the same feelings at times. I did the home course study option so I've really had doubts at times that I was doing it right. If you've been listening everyday or most days for weeks, then you should be helped by the techniques. Having your instructor as your doula is an awesome advantage! I'm nervous, but I have faith I'll be ok and I think you will be too! 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you've read my birth story I posted on this board, but I just had what I'd consider my ideal birthing scenario using Hypnobabies. However, I too too was unsure of my ability to use the techniques I learned in class. The Off and Center switch wasn't for me during birthing, but the relaxation and visuals were my key to success. Hope that helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did a different class, but still Birth Hypnosis.  Honestly come labor I didn't consciously do anything, but I was still doing everything the whole time pretty much.  Practice is key.  Get your body/mind used to it and it's like muscle memory- you just do it naturally.  The nurse through my labor and delivery kept commenting on how calm and in control I was and she'd never seen that in a FTM before.  I didn't FEEL calm or in control, but physically I was calm, everything was just going on inside my head.

It's really hard to explain even after "being there", but I know the classes really helped me in L&D.  I had a very enjoyable delivery and can't wait to be in that moment again.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"