December 2013 Moms

UPDATED AGAIN WITH DATE!! D13 Book Club Poll

amberproamberpro member
edited August 2014 in December 2013 Moms
*****2ND UPDATE*****

How about be ready to discuss Wednesday August 27th. This is a short book so that should be ample time, I think. Yay! I'm excited :)

For the record, I'm adding The Ocean at the End of the Lane and Deconstructing Amelia to my reading list. Both look great! I've already read Gone Girl, A Discovery of Witches, and half of Book Thief if anyone wants to discuss any of those with me :).

***UPDATE***

I'm calling it: The Fault in Our Stars it is (my choice didn't win, but I'll suck it up ;) ).

Let's talk time frame. Are we thinking a month? It's a quick read, honestly. Only took me 2-3 days when I read it, so I was thinking maybe a shorter time frame this time.

Also, I thought we might want to set a date to commit ton the movie, too, so we could compare.

Thoughts?

Which book would you like to start with? Comment if you want to persuade others :).

Also... Not to offend anyone, but I can only do 10 choices. We can throw the others in next month.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

D13 Book Club Poll 61 votes

The Fault in Our Stars
32% 20 votes
Gone Girl
11% 7 votes
Ender's Game
8% 5 votes
Water for Elephants
6% 4 votes
Fried Green Tomatoes
1% 1 vote
The Book Thief
8% 5 votes
Reconstructing Amelia
4% 3 votes
Defending Jacob
3% 2 votes
A Discovery of Witches
13% 8 votes
Ocean at the End of the Lane
9% 6 votes

Re: UPDATED AGAIN WITH DATE!! D13 Book Club Poll

• I haven't checked - is TFIOS on the amazon prime list yet? It'd be even more awesome to read it for free!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm down! And I'm okay with a shorter time frame too.
  • ^ agree with @ceeyounexttuesday‌. I don't like to pay for movies at the theater. Unless I'm nerding out
  • I also am not sure how a book club works. I'm excited to read the book though!

• amberproamberpro member
    edited August 2014
    On a specified date, I'll post a discussion thread with some questions to get the conversation going. Others may also have observations and things they want to bring up, as well. We can let the discussion evolve organically.

Another option is starting a Goodreads group or a social group. I would feel bad bombarding the board with multiple threads (thoughts in this?), but that way, we can separate different topics instead of having one large discussion. The problem there, is the exclusivity often leads to a smaller group and/or members dwindling since it's not in the forefront.

What we can do with longer books, too, is have discussions mid way through or at specified points, but with this book that's not necessary... reads too quickly.

If anyone else has different ideas on how we can do this, let me know! I want it to be what's best for our group.

• No, I agree one post wouldn't be an issue. Only if we wanted to separate topics into various threads. Like the idea of a sticky.

• So, I was wondering if I could participate in the book club? I'm not too active in the board because people usually post my thoughts before I get there, but I'd love to partake in this!

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kaiteygrl said:

So, I was wondering if I could participate in the book club? I'm not too active in the board because people usually post my thoughts before I get there, but I'd love to partake in this!

Of course you can participate!

• This will be the perfect reason for me to use the kindle fire I got for my birthday! I'm excited to start reading again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"