I'm back. I had my WTF for IVF #3 (which resulted in an early pregnancy loss) yesterday. My RE did take my concerns about DH's sperm quality seriously (he had a partially successful vasectomy reversal and we seem to have fertilization problems and problems with the embryos growing past day three) and wants DH to see the urologist they work with and to start taking supplements (ConceptionXR). He thought it might be possible that if we could increase his count (which is averaging 4 mil to at least 8 mil) that we could try IUIs. I'm not as interested in that, but I am really interested in improving the quality/quantity we have to work with for IVF.
I also asked about adding HGH to the mix and he is going to look into it and discuss adding it to my protocol with some of the other REs in the practice. He said that when they were part of a study a few years back using it, that the test group was so small it wasn't possible to really make a determination about the effect. He also cautioned that it was really expensive (but nothing about this is cheap, since we are 100% OOP). We also discussed waiting until day 5 instead of day 3 for transfer (risking having nothing to transfer) but he didn't think that would be a good idea since he did think that the embryos would have a better chance if we transferred them early, even if they aren't "perfect." The current plan will be to still use the implantation meds (Lovenox, baby Aspirin, Prednisolone) and the antagonist protocol. I'm going to wait to hear back about if we are going to add HGH or make other tweaks to what we did last time (estrogen priming protocol). We briefly discussed the Micro-dose Lupron Protocol (which was a disaster for me and he didn't think it was worth trying again) and the (full?) Lupron, but he thought it could be risky. I forgot to ask if I should expect to do another endometrial biopsy.
I'm waiting on AF (my D&C was on 7/16) and since we are going to have my DH re-evaluted by a new urologist and start supplements, I don't expect that we will be moving forward with IVF #4 until at least November. The embryo center closes for two weeks in December, so if we don't make November, I expect we'll be in Jan. So I'm working on weight loss and getting to the gym in the meantime. I'm also continuing to take the COQ10, DHEA, and Folgard and will start back with the acupuncture.
I did find my RE's thoughts on batching and mandatory 5-day transfers interesting. He said that by the way that success rates are currently calculated, the centers that do those don't have to count the IVFs that don't lead to transfers in their numbers so that he says they have artificially high success rates. However, he said that they are changing the way the SART data is reported and all centers will need to report on all IVF cycles, including those that don't lead to transfers so he thinks those centers are going to see big drops in their success rates, as much as from 70% (currently) down to 30%.
Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.
IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN
IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN
IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d
IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist