August 2014 Moms
Options

Don't give up hope if you aren't dilated/ effaced/ dropped !

I've seen a lot of threads/ posts lately where A14 moms are upset/ anxious/ worried that they aren't "progressing." Just wanted to share that you can go from zero to active labor very quickly (I went for an appointment with DS on a Thursday, not dilated or effaced... and I went into labor that Tuesday)! My previous OB told me that you can go around for weeks at 2 cm or go from nothing to labor overnight.

Hang in there ladies! We're almost there ! :)

Re: Don't give up hope if you aren't dilated/ effaced/ dropped !

• Options
    I don't get checked for the first time until this coming Tueday! I'm so anxious to see if there's any progress!!!!! I've had the "lightning" recently so I'm hoping I hear that things have started changing down there :)
  • Options
    cashews29cashews29 member
    edited August 2014
    I wish this kid would drop. She's so freaking high I can barely breathe sometimes.

It's good to know that you can go from zero to labor relatively quickly though. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been 80% effaced for 3 weeks... I'll probably end up going past my due date.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was sealed up tight at my last appointment at 36.5 weeks.  I'm not too worried about it, and would probably prefer not to have any additional checks because it was super uncomfortable and slightly painful.  But, I also love all the information, so I'll still get them if my OB will do them.  I'm convinced that the super moon on the 10th will move things along, but my boss is convinced that I'm going to be late and not have her until the 26th.
  • Options
    I always appreciate a good pep talk :)
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    I was sealed up at 36 weeks and at my appointment yesterday they did not check. They said they will start checking next week

Anniversary

• Options
    Thank you for this post. It gives me hope!!! Was 39 weeks yesterday and cervix still all closed up.
  • Options
    I was also sealed up tight at my appointment yesterday... at 40+3. I'm hoping something happens quickly for me in the next week or so.
  • Options
    That is why a lot of people prefer to not get checked. With DD I went from 1cm to active labor and 6cms super fast. I am assuming it will be the same this time.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This is exactly what I needed to hear! Went yesterday and only 50% effaced and cervix is starting to ripen but not dilated at all. I'm trying to have this baby before dh leaves for Wisconsin on the 16th and who knows when he will be back.
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm getting really tired of people asking, even if it's my mom, because they seem to think it means something. I keep dodging the question because 1) what I just said, and 2) stop asking about my cervix! Weird!
  • Options
    I found out yesterday I was 4cm dilated and 50% effaced. Buuuuuuut.. nothing! Now I wish I didn't tell my MIL or anyone else beaus everyone is all "omg you're like half way there!"
    Uh no. I'm not even in active labor. I feel fine. Ugh. :(
  • Options
    2cm and 50% effaced. I just keep telling myself that until labor begins it means nothing.

Mom  to S-07/22/10 & Q-12/14/11 L-8/23/14

• Options
    I am due in 3 days and nothing is going on. I have been 2cm for over 3 weeks and I have been having contractions for the past week that last a few hours then disappear. I was really hoping to go on my own, but something tells me she will be very late and that she will be really big. I just keep telling myself that anything can change in just minutes.
  • Options
    Ptarma said:
    My OB said Wednesday my baby girl still needs to drop and I'm all "seriously?!??! Because my bladder and cervix feel like they have 0 space!" Can't wait for how cramped they get when she actually drops, lol.
    Babies can engage and un-engage (drop and undrop) so your doc might have caught her at a high moment. This happens to me all the time. Some days she's way low, other times she's up in my business. 
  • Options
    Venus04 said:
    Ptarma said:
    My OB said Wednesday my baby girl still needs to drop and I'm all "seriously?!??! Because my bladder and cervix feel like they have 0 space!" Can't wait for how cramped they get when she actually drops, lol.
    Babies can engage and un-engage (drop and undrop) so your doc might have caught her at a high moment. This happens to me all the time. Some days she's way low, other times she's up in my business. 
    This happens to me all the time too! Sometimes she's under my ribs, other times I have at least 3 inches of room between my ribs at her butt. I would much rather have her lower, I can't even bend over when she is high
  • Options

stoofewok said:
    trawas01 said:
    stoofewok said:
    My OB has always told me the same thing - we'll all get there sooner or later (no matter what our effacement and dilation is at).
    I'm pretty sure I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever. Despite logic telling me this is not a possiblity.
    I totally get that and feel the same way.
    Same here. And I still have over three weeks to go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    zoegirlTX said:
    I know that the numbers mean nothing, but I"m a bit bummed that the MW don't do any checks & I have no clue.  I'm not really ready for baby until next weekend anyway....
    My MWs don't do internal checks either (at least they didn't at my 37W appointment)
    I'm almost in the "better not knowing" camp since it really doesn't mean anything for the timing of L&D !

• Options
    :::sigh::: thanks for positive vibes. I keep trying to wake up every day with a good attitude that "this could be the day!"
  • Options
    Really appreciate this perspective, thanks! One moment at a time...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"