May 2014 Moms
Options

difficult at 10 weeks?

DD turned 10 weeks old yesterday and the past few days have been rough. After a night of sleeping 6.5 hrs, she went from sleeping 4.5-5 hr stretches at night regularly, down to 3-4 hrs if we are lucky.

She's also been clawing the heck out of her face at night and waking up thrashing around. She keeps shoving her fingers so far into her mouth that she gags. She's been pretty cranky too which is very unusual.

She's on Zantac for reflux (for the past 1.5 wks). Could this be a sign that she needs stronger meds, or something else entirely? She never exhibited this behavior even before the meds.

I've looked online and it seems too early for her to be teething. She already passed thru her 8 week wonder week.

Anyone else experience this at 9.5-10 wks or have any thoughts?

Re: difficult at 10 weeks?

• Options
    Cranky cranky cranky

Yes. Less sleep at night, harder to get her down and stay down. I'm tired and frustrated.
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Same here. We regressed sleeping 5 to 6 hours back to 3 or 4. And eating half bottles at a time
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Being a baby?

One thing I've learned it to let go of the idea of consistency. Babies are babies.
  • Options
    We are having similar issues...DS2's hands are in his mouth 24/7. He isn't sleeping as well as he was either. I don't really know what it is, but I assume it is just another phase and will pass.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    giggler25giggler25 member
    edited August 2014
    Sorry for those of you also having a hard time with LO's sleep, but glad I'm not alone! ;)
  • Options
    Same thing here!!
  • Options
    DS's hands are always in his mouth and he has to wear mittens all the time or he'll claw his face.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I always think of that stupid kid prank. "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!" She needs to sleep in a tight arm swaddle so she doesn't whack herself awake. Can't wait for arm control.
  • Options
    Our LO is 11 weeks today, but Week 10 was brutal! Definitely had the same issues.  I even checked the Wonder Weeks app to make sure I didn't miss her having a leap.  Fussy during the day, cranky at night. Seems like we're coming out of it though...best of luck!
  • Options
    Same issue here. DS usually goes down easily to sleep at 7:30. Since turning 10 weeks he screams for at least 30 min then wakes like 45 min later and has to be rocked back to sleep. He's also only sleeping in 4 hour stretches instead of 6. Plush his napping is awful during the day. Hoping we get back on track soon. He's been very cranky today.
  • Options
    hbird0723hbird0723 member
    edited August 2014
    We put socks on her hands at night. The gloves are too small and she keeps scratching herself really bad too. Could try that for that problem. It also stops her from gagging herself cos she just spits it out. I want her to self soothe with her fist if she wants but at the same time I don't want her scratching herself up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"