Infertility
Options

Endometrial biopsies

I received my new protocol today and noticed that my RE added in endometrial biopsies 3 and 7 days post surge.  Of course, I received the email after the clinic closed.  Any idea what these add?  Thanks!

Ready to take the road less traveled. 

Re: Endometrial biopsies

• Options
    That must be it.  I told my RE that I'd do anything, no matter how uncomfortable, if it increased our chances of success.
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Options
    I'm having one in a couple weeks. I guess the biopsy they'll send to pathology can't hurt and there have been some indication that success rates for transfers after a endometrial scraping may be slightly greater.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm also doing this twice in preparation for my FET, but they won't actually biopsy the endo tissue. My RE thinks the research on this is rickety but wants to try everything he can think of.
    TTC #1 since 2011 · Me (35, PCOS, AMA, abnormal eggs) and DH (47, MFI)
    2012-2013: 3 Clomid cycles, 3 IUIs, all BFNs
    IVF #1 January 2014: 14R/12M/9F 1 transferred, 3 frozen = BFN
    FET #1 March 2014: 1 transferred = BFFN · FET #2 May 2014: 2 transferred = BFFN
    IVF #2 June 2014: 24R/11M/10F 6 PGS tested: 1 normal embryo, 1 with no result
    FET #3 in March 2015: 2 transferred = BFFN
    imageimageimageimageimage
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I'm having one very soon.  Like previous posters said, it's thought to increase implantation.  Apparently the healing process your body goes through produces substances which seem to aid in implantation.  It was a fluke that people came across in the early 2000's.  It's common practice now before transfers I guess.  I don't think there's enough research behind it, but I'll try anything once  :))
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

TTC#1 since 2010 Me: 30 DH:35 
     Dx: unexplained
    4 failed IUI's (2 clomid, 2 Gonal-F)
    IVF/ICSI#1: April 2014 (24 retrieved,14 fertilized, 5dt of 2 embryos and 6 frozen) Beta 5/10- BFN
    Hysteroscopy :  August 2014 (adhesions, and pre-polyps found and removed)
    FET#1: September 11th, 2 hatching frosties transferred
    1st Beta 9/22: 896 2nd Beta: 1924
    EDD: 5/30/15

image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"